With over 9,800 branded retail stores, covering over 1.54 million sq.ft. and attracting more than 115 million footfalls annually, Vodafone India can now be counted amongst the largest retailers in the country.
Pursuing a comprehensive, multi-tier retail strategy, the company has further enhanced its nationwide footprint of branded stores by opening 200 Vodafone stores and 1,000 Vodafone Mini Stores across the country since April 2014, thus further cementing its position as not only India’s largest retailer in the telecom industry but being counted amongst the foremost players actively engaged in the holistic development of India’s rapidly growing retail sector.
Commenting on Vodafone’s retail and digital offerings, Kavita Nair – National Head of Retail and Digital, Vodafone India, said, “At Vodafone, we are driven with the singular objective of delivering superior customer experience. Our retail strategy is designed to realize this intent on ground. Through our multi-tier retail format, we are always close to our customers. This helps us understand their evolving needs better and service them comprehensively, end-to-end. This continued focus has enabled Vodafone India set new benchmarks and in the process, become a leader in the retail sector. We look forward to welcoming more customers to our stores.”
Enhancing Customer Experience
The key pillars of enhanced customer experience are Process, Systems and People. Vodafone India consciously works across these three pillars to build closer connect to customers. This enables Vodafone to understand their evolving needs better and suitably address them with optimum products and solutions. Collectively, the 9800+ branded retail stores welcome over 115 million customers and handle over 140mn transactions annually.
- Fully Connected CRM: To connect with customers through any channel, location or medium to fulfil their needs
- Vodafone Red Box: A first-of-its kind, free of cost service that facilitates secure data transfer from one mobile handset to another. This service is handset agnostic and is popular for transferring important data including contacts, images, videos, apps etc. from old handset to new handset.
- 24X7 assistance for customers to make bill payments or purchase recharge vouchers as per their convenience at over 700 Self Service Kiosks
- Customer Routing: An efficient token based system (industry first) which helps minimise waiting time for customers in store
- Super-Fast Activation: Vodafone was the first in the industry to introduce Fastest Activation of SIM card at the store in 2 hrs time.
- Smart Crew: for maximum fulfillment across counter
- Training & Skilling: Vodafone India is rated among the Top 20 Great Places to Work for and is also No 1 in the telecommunications sector. Its retail business provides employment to almost 15,000 people directly and indirectly, making it one of the largest employers in the Indian retail sector.
Having made an early foray in the developing retail sector, Vodafone has made significant contribution in raising the bar of the sector per se by skilling and training youth of the country. It continues to invest over 1.5 million hours annually in further coaching and developing the talent of its retail staff.
- Women Power in Retail: Among the several industry first initiatives from Vodafone India is the concept of Angel Stores – retail stores that are managed and run exclusively by women. The idea was born out of Vodafone’s commitment to encourage diversity and inclusion at workplace. It was also supplemented by belief that women with character traits of greater patience and empathy offer better customer service. Today, Vodafone operates 34 Angel stores across the country.
Vodafone India has built one of the largest exclusive retail footprints across the country. With more than 9800 retail stores, including 700+ Vodafone stores, 3300+ Vodafone Mini Stores and 5800+ Rural Mini Stores, Vodafone is closer today to its customers via its own branded stores in over 300 towns and 5000 villages across India.