Lenovo recently announced the low-cost Tab 2 A7-10 at the CES 2015 and now it has launched the device in India. The Tab 2 A7-10 has been launched at a price of Rs 4,999 and is meant to cater the entry level tablet buyers in the sub-Rs 5,000 segment. It is hard to find a tablet from a reputed manufacturer in the sub Rs. 5,000 segment, Lenovo seems to have launched it in order to stay ahead of the competition in this segment.
The tablet comes with a 7-inch display with a resolution of 1024 x 600 pixels. It is powered by a 1.3GHz quad-core MediaTek SoC coupled with 1GB of RAM. It has 8GB of internal storage, which is further expandable up to 32GB via microSD card. The tablet also features Dolby Audio with a front-facing speaker.
The Tab 2 A7-10 runs on Android 4.4 KitKat but Lenovo has promised an upgrade to the Android 5.0 Lollipop soon, though they have not declared a set timeline for it. The tablet will be exclusively available through the e-commerce website Snapdeal.
Lenovo Tab 2 A7-10 specifications:
- 7-inch IPS display with a resolution of 1024 x 600 pixels
- 1.3 GHz quad-core MediaTek MT8382M
- Android 4.4 KitKat but will be upgraded to Android 5.0 Lollipop
- 1GB RAM
- 8GB of internal storage which can be expanded by another 32GB with the help of a microSD card slot
- VGA front camera and no primary camera
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 and GPS for connectivity.
- 3450 mAh battery
- Rs 4,999
The Lenovo Tab 2 A7-10 is an extremely budget tab but it doesn’t feature anything ground breaking, but then what can one expect under such cheap price tag.