Vodafone India has rolled out 4G-ready SIMs at all its stores located across Bengaluru, announces the company. The commercial services on 4G to be launched soon.
“Vodafone is one of the leading telecommunication services provider in Karnataka and our over 26 lakh customers in Bengaluru have a lot to look forward to. We want our customers to be 4G-ready so that they can start experiencing the benefits of high-speed mobile internet services as soon as they are launched commercially. Hence, this facility to upgrade to 4G-ready SIMs in advance,” said Amit Kapur, Business Head – Karnataka, Vodafone India.
To avail 4G services, customers can walk into the nearest Vodafone store and get their 4G SIM. With the new 4G-ready SIM, the customers can get the internet experience as per their existing plans and will be automatically upgraded to 4G as soon as the services are launched commercially.
“After having successfully launched our 4G services in Mysuru, we are all excited and fully geared up to launch our 4G services on the superior 1800 MHz band in Bengaluru very soon,” Kapur added.
Home delivery of 4G SIMs are arranged for the premium high-value customers in Bengaluru. A formal communication is being sent out to all these customers with details of the initiative.
How to switch to 4G-ready SIM?
- Walk into the nearest Vodafone store
- Get a 4G compatibility test of your smartphone and complete necessary identification process to avail 4G SIM
- To activate the card, use your existing Vodafone number to SMS ‘SIMEX <your 19-20 digit new 4G SIM card number>’ to 55199 (this number will be available on the new SIM card/jacket given to you)
- You will receive a response SMS from 55199 with partial SIM number entered
- Please send the last 6 digits of the new SIM number to 55199 within 2 hours of receiving the SMS mentioned in the above step
- You will receive a success SMS, post which your 4G-Ready SIM will be activated within 5-10 minutes.
- Subsequently, replace your old SIM in the handset with the new 4G-Ready SIM and continue to enjoy un-interrupted Vodafone services.
- You will enjoy benefits of high speed 4G services as soon as they are launched commercially.
- In case customers face any issues with the SIM exchange process, they can call 199 or seek assistance from the staffs at any Vodafone retail store.