The internet has come a long way from connecting only mobile phones and laptops to include smart homes, wearable technology, and smart cities. With the growing recognition Internet of Things (IoT) being at the heart of digital transformation and a Digital India, the market for IoT in India is poised to reach $9 billion by 2020.
To enable enterprises’ IoT adoption, Vodafone today launched SuperIoT – comprising IoT solutions like Vehicle Tracking, Asset Tracking (Fixed and Mobile) and People Tracking (School Students and Employees). Vodafone says it is an industry-first solution that enables end-to-end management of device, application, connectivity, service platform, support and security.
With SuperIoT, enterprises do not have to face the challenges of managing multiple suppliers and service providers said Vodafone. They can benefit from rapid application development, device management and analytics with the Application Enablement platform. They can also have better manageability and control of their assets through Managed Connectivity.
Vodafone SuperIoT includes:
- Vehicle Tracking: A cost-effective, end-to-end solution that allows customers to have real-time visibility of their fleet, monitor vehicle condition, receive alerts about faulty vehicles, reduce unplanned vehicle downtime and help maintain asset value, thus reducing overall operational costs, ensuring safety and improving customer satisfaction.
- Mobile Asset Tracking: With this solution, customers can completely transform their supply chain and logistics operations, and deliver goods faster with more operational efficiency. It enables them to track the location and status of their assets, be it healthcare equipment, building materials, construction equipment, etc. thus enabling effective management of business
· Fixed Asset Tracking:
- Sales Generating assets: Transforming mere sales-generating assets into smart, connected assets which capture important data (such as location alerts, motion detection, operational status, estimated stock levels and usage, etc.) and deliver useful business insights for decision making and overall operations
- Diesel Generator (Energy monitoring): A diesel generator monitoring solution that enables you to monitor the total diesel consumption, energy output, load and kWh/litre ratio and much more, to improve the performance of generator while reducing cost.
· People Tracking
- Employee Safety: A set of smart solutions which offers safety of employees in and out of the workplace, by combining RFID + GPS + GPRS enabled ID cards and wearables along with emergency call facilities to a central Emergency Response Team
- Student Safety Solution for Schools: Helping parents, school authorities and school bus transport managers keep track of their school children’s location through RFID + GPS + GPRS enabled ID cards and bus & campus readers, integrated with vehicle tracking and camera facilities.