OnePlus has started rolling out OxygenOS 4.0.3 update for the OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T. It is an incremental update, which is focused on sorting bugs and improving performance stability. One of the highlights of the update is that it brings Amazon Prime app aboard for the users in India. The update is just 92MB in size and will be gradually be rolled out globally for all the units, it could take up to a week’s time.
Other features include Smart Wi-Fi switcher, which switches the connectivity to mobile data if Wi-Fi signals are continually weak. For the users who had been facing Wi-Fi issue on their OnePlus 3 or OnePlus 3T smartphone, OnePlus has suggested a fix – Go to Settings > Wi-Fi > Configure WiFi > Check the IP address format at the bottom of the page (IPv4 = Single line, IPv6 = Multiple lines) > If your IP address is set to IPv6 then switch it off. After completing the process, check if it has fixed the issue.
If the new OxygenOS 4.0.3 update also causes lag in Wi-Fi connection then it would be better to switch off the Smart Wi-Fi switcher feature. Just go to Settings > Wi-Fi > Configure WiFi > Smart Wi-Fi switcher.
Here’s the changelog for the update on OnePlus forums:
- Added Wi-Fi IPv6 Support toggle
- Optimized Smart Wi-Fi Switcher, if turned on, device will switch to data connection if Wi-Fi signal is consistently poor
- Fixed crashes for Line
- Increased stability of the Camera app
- Optimized exposure when taking night time photos
- Updated Audio Parameters and improved the quality of audio recordings
- Updated APN settings for select carriers
- Amazon Prime App will be pre-installed for India Users