Alright folks, the official news is here. LG has just made an announcement that it will officially be launching the LG G3 on May 27. The invites have started going out and the launch event will take place in different parts of the world on May 27 and 28. The invitation reads save the date and says “To be simple is to be Great” which is probably a hint towards the rumored flat UI of the device.
The device has been leaked a number of occasions now alongside its specifications. It is expected to come with a redesigned rear button cluster which is slowly becoming a characteristic of LG's flagship devices. Here's what is known about the device from the various leaks:
- 5.5 inch QHD display (2560 x 1440 pixels), Gorilla Glass 3
- 2.5 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 MSM8974 processor
- 13MP rear camera with Optical Image Stabilisation Plus and 2.1MP front camera
- Android 4.4 KitKat, new flat LG UI
- 16GB and 32GB memory options, MicroSD card slot for cards up to 64GB
- 3GB RAM
- Wi-Fi ac/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, Miracast, 4G LTE connectivity
- There will be an extra sensor at the back whose functionality is unknown till now
- IPx7 certification
That is all we know about the LG G3z and the official launch is less than a month away. If LG manufactures the next Nexus smartphone, we are pretty sure it will be based on the LG G3.