As expected, Gionee has finally made its Clamshell Android smartphone, the W909 official in China. The company has not yet revealed whether it will launch the device for other regions as well. The W909 is priced at CNY 3,999 (approx. Rs. 40,854) and will be available in Rose Gold color variant.
The Gionee W909 comes with 4.2-inch dual touch screen IPS displays with 2.5D curved glass (1280 x 720 pixels). It is powered by MediaTek’s 64-bit 2 GHz octa-core Cortex-A53 Helio P10 chipset coupled with 4GB of RAM and Mali-T860 GPU. As a bonus, the device also features a fingerprint sensor. The Gionee W909 bears 64GB of internal storage, which can be further expanded up to 128GB via microSD card.
In the imaging department, the clamshell smartphone features a 16-megapixel primary camera with LED flash along with a 5-megapixel front-facing camera. It measures 124.1 x 62.8 x 16.5 mm and weigh 207.7 grams. The Gionee W909 reminds us of Samsung’s clamshell phone, the W2016. Similar to the Samsung W2016, the Gionee W909 also packs two touchscreen displays on the inside and the outside of the upper half of the device. Moreover, the device's inner display also features a T9 physical keyboard (as seen in the image above).
What’s your take on the Gionee W909? Would you be interested in buying a clamshell smartphone? Let us know through the comment section below.
Gionee W909 specifications
- 4.2-inch dual touch screen IPS displays with a resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels
- MediaTek’s 64-bit 2GHz octa-core Cortex-A53 Helio P10 chipset
- 4GB of RAM, 64GB internal storage, expandable up to 128GB via microSD card
- Android 5.1 Lollipop
- 16MP rear camera with LED Flash and 5MP front-facing camera
- 4G LTE, 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, and fingerprint sensor
- Measures 124.1 x 62.8 x 16.5 mm; Weighs 207.7 grams
- 2,530mAh battery