Asus has unveiled the Fonepad 7 (FE171CG), which is a renewed variant of the last year’s Fonepad 7 at the CES 2015. The device comes with a 7-inch (1024 x 600 pixels) display and is powered by a 1.2 GHz dual-core Intel Atom Z2520 processor paired with PowerVR SGX544 GPU, which is identical to the Asus Fonepad 7 FE170CG that was launched in India last year.
However, the Fonepad 7 (FE171CG) is a little different from its predecessor as it runs on Android 4.4 (KitKat) out of the box, sports an 8-megapixel/5-megapixel rear camera, 1GB/2GB RAM depending on the country it is marketed it.
The Fonepad 7 (FE171CG) is just 7.9mm thick and has an enhanced design, compared to its predecessor that was 10.7 mm thick. The internal storage is 8GB or 16GB SKUs (Stock Keeping Units), again depending on the region. It comes with 3G connectivity, dual SIM support and voice calling.
Asus Fonepad 7 (FE171CG) specifications:
- 7-inch (1024 x 600 pixels) IPS display with Anti-Fingerprint Coating, 178-degree wide viewing angle
- 1GB / 2GB RAM, 8GB / 16GB internal memory, expandable memory via microSD
- 1.2 GHz dual-core Intel Atom Z2520 processor with PowerVR SGX544 GPU
- Dual SIM with dual standby
- Android 4.4 (KitKat) with ZenUI
- 8MP / 5MP rear camera and 2MP front-facing camera
- 7.9mm thick and weighs 280 grams
- 3G HSPA+ (with voice calling), WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth, GPS
- 3950mAh battery
The Asus Fonepad 7 (FE171CG) will be available in Black, White, Gold and Red colors. Asus will also be selling MagSmart Cover for the tablet separately. There is no word on the pricing yet. Stay tuned with us!