Probably, many of you already know about the Airtel Call Manager which we reported about, way back in July 2009. This VAS was very useful in letting users block unwanted calls. Now, Airtel has planned to launch Airtel Call Manager app for Android as well as iOS so that consumers can access the service right from their smartphones as a regular app. To use this app, you need to pay Rs 30 per month (30 days).
Users can not only block unwanted calls but also set different profiles. After setting an appropriate profile, when someone tries to contact the user of Airtel Call Manager, they will get an announcement about the users status during the call. Once the user changes the profile back go general mode, the callers get a notification that they can now call the user.
Airtel Call Manager App Features
- Block List - List the contacts in it from whom you do not want to receive calls from.
- White List - Only the contacts listed in White List will be able to call
- Set Profiles Manually or Scheduled - Busy, Driving, Holiday, Meeting, Not Available, Not Well, Training, Travelling, Watching Movie
- My Call Clock - Pre Schedule Profiles
- Set Custom Profile with custom voice recorded message
- Set SMS Alerts - Blocked Call SMS Alert, Send SMS Alert, Missed Call Alert, International Roaming
- Contacts Back Up & Restore - Back Up & Restore SIM & Phone Contacts
The Android app can be announced as soon as the next couple of days while the iOS may be released after a few weeks. This app doesn't use the in-app purchase model for activating the service, instead it relies on native telecom interface where the user needs to reply with '1' to confirm charging or deducting money from your current balance.
This is an interesting app for people who get a lot of calls on the daily basis. Would you be interested in this app and service? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below.