Samsung is on a launch spree and is catering to high end and entry level markets alike. It has just launched the Galaxy NotePro tablet for Rs 64,900 which will be the costliest offering in the company’s lineup and has launched a budget tablet, Tab 3 Neo which will be an entry level tablet from the company for Rs 16,490. Let us take a look at their specifications.
Samsung Galaxy NotePRO
Samsung Galaxy NotePro will be the tablet with the biggest screen in the portfolio of the company and will cater to a pretty niche market. Let us have a look at its specifications.
- 12.2-inch WQXGA display with a resolution of 2560 x 1600 pixels.
- Exynos 5 Octa Core processor which will have a 1.9 GHz quad core Cortex A15 processor and a 1.3 GHz quad core Cortex A7 processor
- 3GB RAM
- 32GB/64GB of internal storage capacity with a microSD card slot being made available as well to expand the memory by 64GB.
- Android 4.4 KitKat
- 8MP primary camera with LED flash which will join hands with a 2MP front snapper
- 2MP front-facing camera
- 4G, 3G, W-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0 and GPS with A-GPS support and GLONASS
- 9500mAh battery
- Rs 64,900
- S-Pen stylus functionality with a faux leather back
The tablet has been priced pretty ambitiously and we feel that the specs do not really justify the price tag.
Samung Galaxy Tab 3 Neo
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Neo is a budget tablet with specs that might not really make a performance powerhouse but instead make it a tablet that will just get your work done.
- 7-inch TFT capacitive touch screen display with a resolution of 1024 x 600 pixels
- 1.2 GHz dual-core processor
- Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
- 2MP rear camera, no front camera
- 1GB RAM
- 8GB internal storage capacity with a microSD card slot which will support microSD cards up to 32GB
- 3G, Wi-Fi, WiFi Direct, Bluetooth 4.0 and GPS (There will be Wi-Fi+3G and just Wi-Fi versions)
- 3,600 mAh battery
- Rs 16,490
The tablet along with elder sibling will go on sale in the country in the first quarter. The Nexus 7 (2012 as well as 2013) comes across as a better alternative to the tablet but it will come with a Club package from Samsung that makes it a decent buy.