With Nougat around the corner, Marshmallow reaches 13.3% Android devices

The devices running Android 6.0 Marshmallow has increased to 13.3%, reveals the latest Google Play distribution data. Last month, this count was only 10.1%, meaning there has been an increase of 3.2%. However, with Android Nougat coming soon, experts wonder if this rate of penetration is fast enough for Marshmallow OS.

Android Marshmallow distibution in June

Meanwhile, Android Lollipop 5.0 is running on 14.3% devices, and Android Lollipop 5.1 is running on 20.8%. It takes the total share of Android Lollipop OS to 35.1%. In May, Lollipop OS was found on 35.4% devices, hinting a slight decrease in a month. In the case of Android KitKat 4.4 OS, the version powers 30.1% devices. Last month, it was seen on 31.6% devices, showing a reduction in a month.

Android 4.1 Jelly Bean covers 6.4% of Android devices, Android 4.2 version of Jelly Bean comprises 8.8% devices, and Android 4.3 version of Jelly Bean includes 2.6% of Android devices. The total counts for 17.8%. Jelly Bean was seen on 18.9% devices last month. Considering the older Androids, Android 4.0.x or Ice Cream Sandwich has registered a share of 1.7%, Android Gingerbread (v2.3.3-2.3.7) has marked 1.9%, and Android 2.2 Froyo covers 0.1% devices in the chart. Following the distribution graph, Google has not shown any versions with less than 0.1% distribution. A detailed breakup can be spotted here.

Meanwhile, GSMarena has spotted the latest update to Rogers’ firmware update schedule online, which shows that HTC Nexus 9 tablet “coming soon” and the update is for Nougat 7.0 and bug fixes. It has also listed many other updates for devices such as Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 edge, S5 Active, S5 Neo, and Galaxy A5 as ‘coming soon’, but all we could do is speculate.

8
Leave a Reply

avatar
3 Comment threads
5 Thread replies
1 Followers
 
Most reacted comment
Hottest comment thread
4 Comment authors
SudhakarSHUBHAM (LUCKNOW,UP EAST)Sunny | LucknowCoerCorash Recent comment authors
newest oldest most voted
Sudhakar
Sudhakar

Poor neyyappam has lost. Lol.

SHUBHAM (LUCKNOW,UP EAST)
SHUBHAM (LUCKNOW,UP EAST)

Aree yrr ye k3 note ko marshmallow me update kRne k baad se barbaad ho gaye be…

Wcdma only mode par net chalaate hi 3g sign chala jaa rha hai baar baar . Total 1 min Bhi nhi aa rha… lagaatar aa ja rha hai …
2g me bhi problem hai but thoda kum .. battery bhi jaldi drain ho rhi hai ….

Jaldi new update release karo yrr lenovo …

CoerCorash
CoerCorash

Problem is in your network

SHUBHAM (LUCKNOW,UP EAST)
SHUBHAM (LUCKNOW,UP EAST)

Airtel idea voda bsnl … sab me problem thodi na hogi bro…
Mere frnd me bhi same problems aa rahi hai …wo to 24 hours wifi use karta hai . Uska wifi bhi har 2 min. Baad cut ja rha hai

Sunny | Lucknow
Sunny | Lucknow

Waise ye problem sab networks mein hai if you put the phone on WCDMA only. But if you think Marshmallow caused this then you can factory reset to lollipop. There might be some fixes online though, YouTube etc given how popular K3 Note is. On TT, in the K3 Note Marshmallow update article somebody posted links to all update packages for K3 Note, you can check.

SHUBHAM (LUCKNOW,UP EAST)
SHUBHAM (LUCKNOW,UP EAST)

Ok bro thnxzz…..

Sunny | Lucknow
Sunny | Lucknow

This is due to poor network, doubt it has anything to do with Marshmallow. Better stick to WCDMA/GSM mode.

Recent Posts

Bharti Airtel Rs 100 and Rs 500 Talk Time Recharges are Back Again for Prepaid Users

The removal of talk time recharges from Vodafone Idea’s and Bharti Airtel’s portfolio was met with hostility by the subscribers....

BSNL Revises Rs 98 Prepaid Plan, Now Offers 2GB Daily Data and Eros Now Subscription

After reducing the validity of two voice-only prepaid plans of Rs 99 and Rs 319, BSNL has now revised its...

GTPL Hathway Added 11,000 Broadband Subscribers During Q3 FY19

GTPL Hathway has released its Q3 FY19 earnings report. The cable and broadband service provider revealed that its consolidated EBITDA...