As Vodafone India enters the final stages of bringing the world’s largest 4G network to Haryana, it announced today, the availability of 4G SIMs at all Vodafone Stores, Vodafone Mini Stores and 4000+ multi brand outlets located across Haryana. All Vodafone customers in Haryana can exchange their existing SIM to a 4G ready SIM.
To ensure a smooth and seamless exchange of a 4G ready SIMs, these are being made available in advance of the commercial launch of Vodafone’s 4G services in Haryana. A formal announcement regarding the launch, which is expected soon, will be made in due course. To avail the 4G services, customers will need to use their 4G ready SIM in a 4G enabled handset.
Customers can walk into any nearby Vodafone Store, Vodafone Mini Store or 4000+ multi brand outlet in Haryana and get their 4G ready SIM free of cost with a hassle free exchange process. With the new 4G ready SIM, they will continue to enjoy uninterrupted mobile internet experience as per their existing plans and will be automatically upgraded to 4G as soon as the services are launched commercially in Haryana.
Announcing this, Mohit Narru, Business Head – Haryana, Vodafone India, said, “Vodafone is the leading telecommunication services provider in Haryana and our 5.3 million customers have a lot to look forward to. We want our customers to be 4G ready so that they can start experiencing the benefits of high speed mobile internet services as soon as they are launched commercially. Hence, this facility to upgrade to 4G ready SIMs in advance. We are excited and fully geared up to launch our 4G services on the superior 1800 MHz band in Haryana very soon.”
Customers can switch to a 4G ready SIM following these easy steps
1. Walk in to any nearby Vodafone Store, Vodafone Mini Store or multi brand outlet and place your request for 4G ready SIM
2. To activate the 4G SIM card, use your existing Vodafone number to SMS ‘SIMEX ’ to 55199 (this number will be available on the new SIM card/jacket given to you)
3. You will receive a response SMS from 55199 with partial SIM number entered
4. Please send the last 6 digits of the new SIM number to 55199 within 2 hours of receiving the SMS mentioned in the above step
5. You will receive a success SMS, post which your 4G ready SIM will be activated within 5-10 minutes.
6. Subsequently, replace your old SIM in the handset with the new 4G ready SIM and continue to enjoy un-interrupted Vodafone services.
7. You will enjoy benefits of high speed 4G services as soon as they are launched commercially in HARYANA.
Vodafone has already launched its high speed 4G services in Kerala, Kolkata, Karnataka, Delhi & Mumbai. The intensity of its roll-out will continue with major states like Gujarat, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh (East), West Bengal (ROB) to be launched by August 2016.