Lenovo has confirmed that it will be launching the Z1 smartphone powered by ZUK in India on May 10. The launch event will be a one of its kind "crowd-sourced" event, wherein, instead of Lenovo team, Zuk fans will be talking about the device.
Even though the Zuk Z1 was already available for the international market since August, but for the Indian market, it will be of importance. It also means that Micromax sub-brand Yu Televenture’s exclusive deal with Cyanogen has come to an end.
Talking about Yu’s deal with Cyanogen, Lenovo said,”The deal was there before that’s what I was told by Cyanogen team. But the team now said its ok now. So we are going ahead with the launch,”. It also revealed that Z1’s 64GB storage variant will be launched in India with Android 5.1 Lollipop-based Cyanogen OS 12.1, but it will be upgraded to Cyanogen OS 13 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow within a month after launch. The device will be launched as Lenovo Z1 in India. The smartphone features a 5.5-inch full HD display, a Snapdragon 801 chipset clubbed with 3GB of RAM, and a 13-megapixel primary camera with Sony IMX214 Exmor RS sensor, OIS, 1.12um pixels, and f/2.2 aperture.
There is an 8-megapixel front camera onboard with OmniVision OV8865 sensor, 1.12um pixel size. The device is backed by a 4,100mAh battery with fast charging, and it also features a fingerprint sensor embedded into the home button. Lenovo has not revealed the pricing for the Z1 in India yet, but we expect it to be priced modestly. The 64GB Zuk Z1 is priced at CNY 1,799 in China (approx. Rs. 18,250).
Lenovo Z1 specifications
- 5.5-inch Full HD IPS display (1920 x 1080 pixels) resolution
- 2.5GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 801 processor coupled with 3GB of RAM
- 64GB (eMMC 5.0) internal storage (non-expandable)
- Cyanogen OS 12.1 based on Andriod 5.1 Lollipop
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, and 8MP front-facing camera
- Measures 155.7 x 77.3 x 8.9 mm; Weighs 175 grams
- dual-SIM, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Direct, USB 3.0 Type-C, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS / GLONASS
- 4100mAh battery with fast charging