This application for the iPhone, iPad and Blackberry is a legal research resource which gives instant access to the entire set of Indian Case laws (since 1844) and Acts and allows intelligent searching of the comprehensive library.
The application will give quick and easy access to Manupatra and the users will have the most comprehensive collection of legal information on fingertip, while commuting, in court, during argument to check opponent’s case or working at an off-site client meeting.
In addition, this application empowers the lawyers, law students, company secretaries etc with in-depth legislative, regulatory and procedural information critical for decision making, all in one place. Law touches the daily life of an Indian in many profound ways. They empower citizens with a number of rights and regulate a variety of activities. Increasingly common people have become law conscious and abiding citizens.
This application aims to bring knowledge of law to the Indian society and make common law more commonly accessible.
- Free text (Boolean Search), including proximity , synonym, stemming, wildcard etc
- Title Search is a fielded search
- Citation Search
- Search Bare Acts Free text Search within Act
- Browse Bare Acts Browse over 1500 Central & State Acts.
- History shows last searches done in Manu/Title/Citation Search and by clicking on the search term shows the results.
- Save documents in folders
- Settings allows you to change the display settings by increasing the font or enable the Zoom In/Zoom Out or change the results per page to be displayed with Sign off feature.
The Manupatra application is available for FREE on itunes for Apple Devices and Blackberry App Store for BlackBerry Smartphones for a limited period. Alternately, users can visit www.manupatra.com to access links to download the Apps.