Four months after its official announcement in India, the HTC Desire 816G has been relaunched in the country with an increased price of Rs. 19,990. You might wonder as to why HTC has decided to increase the price from Rs. 18,990 to Rs. 19,990. Okay, there's a reason – HTC has updated the Desire 816G's processor and internal storage space. The new HTC Desire 816G is now equipped with an octa-core processor and 16GB of internal storage space instead of a quad-core processor and 8GB of internal storage space.
HTC Desire 816G Specifications
- 5.5-inch IPS LCD display, 1280 x 720 pixels, 267 ppi, BoomSound speakers
- Android 4.4 KitKat with HTC Sense UI 6.0
- 1.7GHz octa-core processor, 1GB RAM, 16GB storage, and microSD card slot
- 13MP primary camera with autofocus, LED flash, and 1080p video recording
- 5MP secondary camera with 1080p video recording
- Dual-SIM (GSM + GSM), HSPA 21.1/5.76 Mbps, FM Radio, GPS with A-GPS and GLONASS
- Wi-Fi b/g/n, Wi-FI Hotspot, Bluetooth v4.0 (A2DP and Apt-X), microUSB v2.0 port, and 3.5mm headphone jack
- Accelerometer, Ambient-Light Sensor, Proximity Sensor, and Compass
- 2,600 mAh battery; 156.6 x 78.7 x 8 mm; 158 g
All the remaining hardware and software specifications remain similar to that of the older HTC Desire 816G. According to me, HTC should've upgraded the RAM from 1GB to 1.5GB or 2GB. If you're planning to buy this device, better have a look at the HTC Desire 820, which features an octa-core Snapdragon 615 chipset with 64-bit processing capabilities, an 8-megapixel front-facing camera, 4G LTE connectivity, and is priced at just Rs. 22,000.