After officially launching the Mi 4 in India, Xiaomi has announced that it is rolling out MIUI 6 update to Mi 3 smartphones in India. It will take some time for the update to be rolled out through OTA, though the impatient ones can download the update manually from the company’s official forum page. If you are wondering, MIUI 6 update for the Mi 3 is still based on Android 4.4 KitKat operating system.
The OTA update, which has a build number MIUI V22.214.171.124.KXDMIBL and a file size of about 550MB, brings a huge change in terms of UI design as it is more flatter and colourful in comparison to the MIUI 5. All the stock apps such as dialler, home screen, mail, calendar, web browser, and others sport newer design and features.
MIUI 6 Features
- New flatter and more colourful UI design, smoother animations, over 5,000 new vibrant themes, New Stock Apps
- Improved content organisation methods
- Lockscreen notifications, Floating (heads-up) Notifications for calls and messages, Inline Replies, Home Screen Gestures, New Quick Setting Toggles UI design
- Power-Saver Mode and Performance Improvements
- Permissions and Virus Scanner, Clean Master, Network Traffic Monitor, Spam calls identification
- Mi Cloud support for web browser, Music Player, and On-Device content. Backup calls, messages, contacts, notes, and images on Mi Cloud
Apart from addition of new features and UI design, MIUI 6 brings in tons of bug fixes and performance improvements through out the system. According to the company, the Redmi Note 4G will receive the MIUI 6 update later this month, while the Redmi 1S and Redmi Note 3G will receive the update by March.