Bharti Airtel, India’s largest GSM mobile service operator introduces “Airtel Timer SMS” the next generation SMS service giving you the power to schedule your SMS to be send on a desired date and time.
With this new VAS; Airtel's Postpaid and Prepaid subscribers can able to schedule an SMS in advance to wish their friend on his birth day or any occasions. User's wish will be sent to their desired persons at the exact date and time which is specified by them. Airtel's Timed SMS can act like a reminder or scheduler service, where mobile subscribers can schedule a message in advance and the same will be sent at the specific date and time to the desired recipient. Thus making sure that they never miss sending that special SMS when it matters the most.
Sending a timer SMS from Airtel mobile is very simple. You need to follow the following format i.e. Recipient's mobile number <98XXXXXXXX> Date Time to 52233. E.g.9810098100 0101 0000 Happy BirthDay. Timer SMS that you schedule using Timer SMS service would be charged at Re.1 per SMS.
AIRTEL Timer SMS In Details-: •
- Airtel Postpaid and Prepaid Customer can schedule a message well in advance at a future date and time of their choice to any number the customer desires.
- The Number can be a Local Number or an STD Number.
- The Shortcode for scheduling the SMS is 52233.
- The Charges for any transaction on 52233 are at Re.1/SMS.
- Airtel Customer would get a confirmation SMS when he schedules his message, as well as when the message is sent to the customer.
- In case a customer sends a wrong format in terms of date/ time/ or number, the customer would get a correction SMS with an example for the same.
- The customer would also be given an option to pull back the Scheduled Timer SMS, in case he wishes to change his mind. In this scenario, the customer would have to reply with STOP to the sender id. Charges of Re.1/SMS would be applicable. The cancellation method would be educated to the customer automatically after he has scheduled the message.
- The customer can schedule an SMS 365 days in advance, using this application.
- The service is enabled on all the phones and subscribers of Airtel.
- In case the customer schedules the message at a time, which is older than the existing time, an education SMS would go to the customer, which would also tell the customer the current time.