Samsung’s knack for introducing affordable tablets was the prime reason as to why it took surge in the tablet segment globally. Today, it has just launched yet another budget tablet, named as Galaxy Tab E, in Taiwan. The tablet surfaced online on more than one occasion before getting launched officially.
The Galaxy Tab E is the first tablet to join the new mid-range E-series. Only the Wi-Fi variant has been launched as of now and a 3G variant is expected to join in soon. The rear of the tablet features a leather-like textured finish. It has been priced at NT$ 6,990 which translates into roughly Rs 14,500. The specifications of the tablet are nothing ground breaking and you get pretty lower mid-range specs.
It has a 9.6-inch WQXGA display and gets a 1.3GHz quad-core processor (make unknown) to take care of the processing needs. It further gets mated to 1.5GB of RAM. Let us quickly take a look at the specifications of the tablet:
Samsung Galaxy Tab E specifications:
- 9.6-inch TFT display, 1280 x 800 pixels
- Android 4.4 KitKat with TouchWiz UI, no word on Lollipop update
- 1.3 GHz quad-core processor, 1.5GB RAM
- 8GB internal storage, expandable with microSD card (up to 128GB)
- 5-megapixel rear camera and 2-megapixel front camera
- 3G (coming soon), Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 and micro-USB connectivity
- 5000mAh battery
It weighs 490 grams and has been launched only in white colour as of now. Samsung Galaxy Tab E will go on sale in Taiwan later in June and is expected to reach other parts of the globe soon after.