After rolling out Android 5.0 Lollipop update to the Micromax Canvas Express A99, and announcing the update for other Canvas smartphones, Micromax has launched a new entry-level Android smartphone, the Bolt A82. The Micromax Bolt A82 features a 5-inch WVGA LCD display, 1.3GHz quad-core processor from MediaTek, 512MB RAM, 4GB internal storage, microSD card slot, Android 4.4 KitKat, two SIM card slots, and an 1,800 mAh battery. It is also equipped with a 5-megapixel primary camera and a VGA secondary camera.
Micromax Bolt A82 specifications
- 5-inch LCD display, 854 x 480 pixels resolution, capacitive multitouch screen
- Android 4.4 (KitKat operating system with no affirmation of Android 5.0 Lollipop update
- MediaTek MT6572 processor, 1.3GHz dual-core Cortex A7 CPU, Mali-400 MP1 GPU (500 MHz), and 512MB RAM
- 4GB internal memory, expandable memory via microSD card slot (up to 32GB)
- 5MP rear camera with LED flash, VGA front-facing camera
- Dual-SIM (dual standby), 3G, Wi-Fi b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, A-GPS, FM Radio, microUSB v2,0 port, 3.5mm audio jack
- 1,800 mAh battery; 147 x 75 x 9.3 mm
The device comes with support for 20 regional languages, and is very similar to the Micromax Bolt A069, which was released last year, in terms of specifications but with addition support for 3G connectivity. The Micromax Canvas Bolt A82 is available for purchase from HomeShop18 at a price of Rs. 5,499, and is available in grey colour. In my view, you can get a much better specced devices such as the Xiaomi Redmi 1S and the Lenovo A6000 by spending a little bit more.