Displacing its flagship device Z10, the Canadian smart phone maker RIM has finally launched its much-anticipated new Z30 smart phone. The company is battling the allegation of losing its innovative edge and this is one desperate attempt to win back its lost market chunk.
The device has been launched within a fortnight after the launch of Apple Inc’s new iPhone 5S and Samsung’s Galaxy S4 amidst others. Moreover, the recent strategic move by Microsoft Corp. to acquire handset maker Nokia and license its patent could be another threat as the US-based software maker may have some magical launch plans up its sleeve. Hence, you can imagine the tough time it may face in the coming days.
The latest BlackBerry 10 operating system by the company has failed to grab the user eyeballs the way company had expected. It lags way behind Microsoft Corp’s Windows Phone platform which stands third as of now.
There is enough warmth in the market for reception of the latest Blackberry devices but many believe that the company may not stand the stiff competition against the financial and marketing strength of the likes of Apple and Samsung. However, as a prospective buyer, you should have a look at the specs.
Specification of Blackberry Z30
· Chipset:- Dual Core 1.7 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro Processor with Adreno 320 GPU
· Memory: 2GB RAM, 16GB Flash Memory, Hot Swappable MicroSD slot
· Display: 5 inch touchscreen SuperAMOLED (1280 x 720 pixels)
. Operating System- Blackberry 10.2 Out of the Box
· Network Connectivity: 4G LTE, 3G
· Camera: 8MP rear camera with touch to focus and auto focus features, 2MP front facing camera with Fixed-Focus
· Dedicated Keys: Volume Up/Down, Mute, Lock(Power On/Off)
· Advanced Sensors: Accelerometer, Magnetometer, Proximity, Gyroscope, Ambient Light Sensor
· Headset: 3.5 mm stereo
· Ports and Connectivity: USB, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi
· Battery: 2880 mAh non-removable battery
· Battery Life: Talk time: Up to 18 hours UMTS/14 hours GSM, Standby time: Up to 16 Days, Music: Up to 90 hours, Video: Up to 12 hours
· Dimensions: 140.7 x 72 x 9.4 mm
· Weight: 170g
The smart phone is expected to be available for sale in UK, US and some other North American countries by the first week of October. It will further be put up on shelves with limited carrier options and retailers in other regions over the next few months. Region specific pricing and availability will be announced by its partners at the time of their respective launches.