Once in a year, Apple Inc. feels the urge to showcase its last one year's R&D effort in the form of a new launch. Last year however, many criticized the company for not creating something really new as there were not many notable differences between the iPhone 4S and iPhone 5. Hence, many waited this year for the company to announce the iPhone 5S. Now we have got the official word about it. Let's look at its features and specifications to find out whether it is really something fresh or merely another satchel of features put together-
· 4.0-inch, 650 x 1136 pixels (326 ppi pixel density) display
· 16/32/64 GB internal memory variants (of course, don’t expect a card slot)
· Li-Po 1440 mAh battery to provide up to 10 hours of 3G talk time, up to 250h of standby, up to 40h of music playback
· 8MP, dual-LED flash primary camera along with 1.2MP front camera for self shots and video chats
· iOS 7 Operating System
· Apple A7 chipset
· iTouch fingerprint sensor, Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
· Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n dual-band, Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity options with 2/3/4G network
· 123.8 x 58.6 x 7.6 mm dimension with 112 g weight
The new iPhone comes in three different metallic finishes: Gold, Silver and Space Grey. Apple has also launched a brand new leather case for the iPhone 5S. As far as changes are concerned, you will see an immensely improved camera quality thanks to the features like true tone, a new burst mode and Slo-mo video. True tone is an amazing feature which gives very accurate color tones to your pictures. The new operating system is a big improvement too. On the machinery front, the new Apple A7 has a 64-bit architecture which can give about double the CPU and graphics performance of iPhone 5.
The new iPhone 5s has a touch sensor embedded into the Home button which is called Touch ID. This can be used instead of passcode for a better security. Moreover, it can identify multiple fingerprints.
The device will be available for sale in the US, Europe and some other parts of the world, starting 20th of this month. As always, the India shipping will take some more time. The UK price is said to be £549 for the 16GB model, £629 for the 32GB model and £709 for the 64GB model. Hence, you can expect the Indian base model to cost about INR 44,000.