Bharti Airtel today announced the launch of its VoLTE services in Gujarat, allowing its customers in the city to enjoy HD voice calls over data. Airtel VoLTE services were first rolled out in Mumbai, and then the company expanded the coverage to Goa, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh.
Airtel VoLTE is currently supported only for few smartphones, but the company is actively adding new devices. When compared to last time, the company has now added few more devices to the supported list.
Take a look at the Airtel VoLTE supported smartphones:
- Apple iPhones– Apple iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus
- Samsung– Samsung Galaxy A5 2017, Galaxy A7 2017, Galaxy A8, Galaxy A9 Pro, Galaxy J2 2016, Galaxy J2 Pro, Galaxy J5 Prime, Galaxy J7, Galaxy J7 2016, Galaxy J7 Prime, Galaxy J7 Nxt, Galaxy On 8, Galaxy On Nxt, Galaxy Tab A, Galaxy S2, Galaxy S6, and Galaxy S6 Edge
- Oppo– Oppo F3, F3 Plus, and Oppo A71
- Gionee – Gionee A1, Gionee X1, Gionee X1S, Gionee A1 Lite, and Gionee S3 Pro
- Lava– Lava Z25, Z80, Z90, and Era 2V
- Vivo– Vivo Y55L, V5, V5S, and Y66
Airtel has stated the above-mentioned devices in a press statement, and the company is yet to update its website. With the help of VoLTE, Airtel users can enjoy HD voice calls because it uses data to make voice calls. Furthermore, there will be no additional data charges for VoLTE and calls will be billed as per existing plan or packs benefits.
Reliance Jio is offering VoLTE services on a pan-India basis and that too on an LTE-only network. When it comes to Airtel, it offers VoLTE on 4G LTE, and whenever there’s no 4G coverage, Airtel VoLTE calls will automatically fall back on the 3G/2G network to ensure that customers continue to stay connected at all times.
Airtel VoLTE will also allow customers to continue with their data sessions at 4G speeds while the call is in progress.
Murthy Chaganti, Chief Executive Officer – Gujarat, Bharti Airtel said, “It is our constant endeavour to offer world-class services to our customers with an aim to enhance their mobile experience. In line with this, we are delighted to launch our VoLTE services across the State enabling customers to enjoy superior quality voice calls. In conjunction with our robust 4G network in Gujarat, VoLTE will enable customers to make the most of their mobile devices and experience advanced technologies.”
You can head over to this post to activate Airtel VoLTE on the supported smartphone. Customers with dual-SIM handsets have to ensure that the Airtel 4G SIM has been inserted in the data SIM slot/slot 1 and network mode has been set as “4G/3G/2G (Auto)”.