YU has just launched its third smartphone, the YU Yureka Plus, for Rs 9,999. To compete against the Lenovo K3 Note, the company has launched an improved version of the YU Yureka that comes with a high-resolution display and an upgraded camera.
The YU Yureka Plus retains the same 5.5-inch screen size as the Yureka, but it now comes with a higher screen resolution (1920 x 1080 pixels) and Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection. It is powered by the same Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 chipset, 2GB RAM, and 16GB of internal storage space. The improved camera is due to a newer sensor, the Sony IMX214 instead of the Sony IMX135, which was used in the Yureka. Other specifications stay the same, be its storage, connectivity, software, or its battery capacity.
Just like all the devices from YU, the Yureka Plus is a dual-SIM smartphone featuring a Cat. 4 LTE modem, and is compatible with both the 4G LTE networks in India – Band 3 (1800MHz) and Band 40 (2300MHz) –, and comes with runs Android 5.0 Lollipop-based Cyanogen OS 12.
Yu Yureka Plus specifications
- 5.5-inch IPS LCD display, 1920 x 1080 pixels, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Android 5.0.2 Lollipop-based Cyanogen 12 OS
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 SoC, octa-core Cortex-A53 CPU (4 x 1.5 GHz Cortex A53 + 4 x 1.0 GHz Cortex A53), Adreno 405 GPU, and 2GB RAM
- 16GB of internal storage, microSD card slot (up to 64GB)
- 13-megapixel primary camera (Sony IMX214), LED flash, F/2.2 aperture, 5P Largan Blue lens, 1080p video recording
- 5-megapixel secondary camera, OmniVision 5648 sensor, 71-degree wide viewing angle lens
- Dual-SIM, 4G LTE (Cat. 4 150Mbps), 3G HSPA, dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS with A-GPS, microUSB port, and 3.5 mm headphone jack
- 2,500 mAh battery, Quick Charge 1.0
It will be available in two colours – MoonDust Grey and a limited-edition Alabaster White colours – exclusively through Amazon on 24 July at 2 PM. It will be sold through flash sales and the registrations for the first sale have already commenced.