Xiaomi has launched new insurance plans in India for its smartphones and tablets under the 'Mi Protect' brand. The Mi Protect service is applicable only for products purchased from the company's official website for India. Once purchased, users can get their devices repaired if it is damaged by liquid.
Users can also get services like doorstep pickup-drop service, SIM card blocking, and Docusafe. If a Mi device gets stolen, users can call Xiaomi's call centre from anywhere in the world and block it. As a part of insurance, users will also be entitled to a 'misuse insurance' of upto Rs. 3,000.
Xiaomi Mi Protect insurance benefits
- Accidental and liquid damage protection
- Doorstep pickup and drop-off
- 24X7 call center support to report damages
- Two repairs. Restoration of full amount after the first repair
- One call to block your SIM from anywhere in the world
- SIM misuse insurance cover of up to Rs. 3000
- Smartphone assistance to resolve all your Mi phone related queries
- Docusafe of up to 1GB to store and access all your important documents from anywhere in the world
Users can also claim damage for the device when it falls down on the ground or gets sat on. As a part of this insurance, users can use Docusafe, which allows important documents (upto 1GB) to be safely stored online. You can see the price of Mi Protect service for various Mi devices in the image embedded above. What do you think of this service and should other brands think about bringing such service with their smartphones and tablets?