Xiaomi recently took off the covers from Android 5.0 Lollipop based-MIUI 7 in India, and the new software comes with a bunch of new features. The Chinese smartphone brand has now announced new limited-edition variants of its popular smartphone, the Mi 4i, for India. The smartphone will be available in pink, yellow and blue colours on August 25 alongside the regular white and grey colour options. Another good thing about the limited edition Mi 4i is the fact that the device will run MIUI 7 out of the box. There has been no change in price of the limited editions of the device, so it will still cost Rs. 12,999 for the 16GB variant.
The device comes with a 5-inch IPS LCD display with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels. There's a 64-bit octa-core Snapdragon 615 chipset present under the hood along with 2GB RAM and 16GB of internal storage. There's no microSD card slot, so if you were thinking of expanding the storage on the cheap, you are out of luck. The primary camera has a resolution of 13 megapixels, and is accompanied by a dual-tone dual-LED flash. The secondary camera has a 5-megapixel sensor. A 3,120 mAh battery is what the device draws its juice from, and the company is promising a day's worth of moderate to heavy usage after a full charge.
Xiaomi Mi 4i Specifications
- 5-inch IPS LCD display, 1920 x 1080 pixels, 441 ppi, OGS (One Glass Solution)
- Android 5.0 Lollipop-based MIUI 7
- 64-bit Snapdragon 615 processor, 1.7GHz quad-core Cortex A53 CPU + 1.1GHz quad-core Cortex A53 CPU, Adreno 405 GPU, and 2GB RAM
- 16GB non-expandable internal storage
- 13-megapixel rear camera, dual-tone dual-LED flash, five-element lens, f/2.0 aperture, 1080p video recording
- 5-megapixel secondary camera
- Dual-SIM (4G + 3G/2G), Wi-Fi 802.11 ac/a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth 4.0 and GPS for connectivity
- 3,120 mAh battery
The new colours are expected to breathe in a new life into the sales of device, which seem to be fizzing out these days due to increase in competition from other brands such as Motorola and Lenovo. Another good thing is that the limited edition devices will run the latest MIUI 7, which is based on Android 5.0 Lollipop. The smartphone is also available in 32GB storage variant for Rs. 14,999, but the limited edition colours won't be getting a 32GB version.