The mid-range smartphone segment is the one which gives you way better specs than the entry-level segment but falls slightly short of top-end segment. A new category has emerged these days which is the higher mid-range segment which gives you quite the bang for your money. Today we have for you a list of top 5 smartphones in the country which are present in the upper mid-range and cost below Rs 25,000.
Gionee Elife E7 (Rs 24,999)
The current flagship smartphone from Gionee is the cheapest one in India to feature a Snapdragon 800 processor under the hood. Gionee has already established itself as a premium manufacturer of budget devices in the country. The price of the 16GB variant of Gionee Elife E7 is now dropped to just Rs 24,999 levels. The best part about the device are its exceptional cameras. It has a 1/2.3 inch 16 MP camera sensor from OmniVision with autofocus 6-element lens and LED flash. It also has what might be the world’s best front-facing camera with 8MP sensor along with autofocus which can record full HD 1080p videos.
- 5.5 inch IPS display, 1920 x 1080 pixels, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 2.2 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 800 processor, Adreno 330 GPU, 2GB RAM
- Android 4.2 Jelly Bean, might be upgraded to Android 4.4 KitKat
- 16GB internal storage, no expandable storage
- 16MP rear camera, 1/2.3 inch sensor, autofocus, LED flash, full HD 1080p video recording
- 8MP front-facing camera, Autofocus, full HD 1080p video recording
- 3G, Wi-Fi ac/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS with A-GPS, NFC, and USB OTG
- Meteor Black, Ceramic White, Blue, Green, Orange and Pink colour options
- Rs 24,999
HTC Desire 816 (Rs 23,029)
HTC’s warrior in the mid-range dual SIM phablet segment does everything its competitors can and performs slightly better than them too. HTC Desire 816 is one of the better options in the sub Rs 25,000 segment. It accounts for a really good mid-range phablet. It comes with reliable 1.6 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor with Adreno 305 GPU and 1.5 GB of RAM. It has a large 5.5 inch HD IPS LCD screen and stereo BoomSound speakers. There is a 13 MP AF camera with LED flash and a front-facing 5 MP camera.
- 5.5 inch IPS LCD display which has a resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels
- 1.6 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor
- 1.5GB RAM
- Android 4.4 KitKat with HTC Sense UI 5.5 on top of it and it brings you quite a good experience too
- 8GB internal storage capacity which can be expanded with the help of a microSD card slot up to 128GB
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash and 5MP secondary camera
- 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, A-GPS and Dual SIM capability
- 2600 mAh battery
- Black, White, Red, Green and Purple colour options
- Rs 23,029
Micromax Canvas Knight (Rs 19,999)
Micromax’s flagship is truly a value for money device and is the best octa-core smartphone in the country. The Micromax Canvas Knight has a 5 inch full HD IPS LCD screen, 2 GHz octal-core processor, 2 GB of RAM and 32 GB of internal storage. It uses the same 16 MP rear camera which is used in the Elife E7 and an 8 MP front-facing camera from the Gionee Elife E7.
- 5 inch IPS LCD display, 1920 x 1080 pixels
- 2 GHz MediaTek MT6592T octa-core chipset, Mali-450MP4 GPU, 2GB RAM
- Android 4.2 Jelly Bean (upgradable to Android 4.4 KitKat)
- 32GB internal storage, non-expandable
- 16MP rear camera, LED flash, Autofocus, 1080p video recording
- 8MP front-facing camera (same as the Elife E7), 1080p video recording
- 3G, Wi-Fi b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 and GPS
- 2,350 mAh battery
- Rs 19,999
Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 (Rs 18,999)
The successor of the popular Samsung Galaxy Grand has been around for a while now and constant price cuts have meant that it has become quite a value for money device. It has a nice 5.25 inch HD LCD screen, quad-core processor, 8 MP camera and dual SIM card slots.
- 5.25 inch display with a resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels
- 1.2 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 400 processor, Adreno 305 GPU, 1.5GB RAM
- Android 4.3 Jelly Bean (upgradeable to Android 4.4 KitKat)
- 8GB internal storage which can be expanded by 64GB
- 8MP rear camera with LED flash, 1.9MP front camera
- 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0 and GPS with GLONASS
- 2,600 mAh battery
- Black and White colour options
- Rs 18,999
Motorola Moto G (Rs 12,499/Rs 13,999)
Motorola Moto G one had to make it to the list despite costing the least of the lot. It gives you a level of performance and specifications of a device which would cost roughly Rs 5,000 more from a renowned brand and is one of the best smartphones on sale in the country.
- 4.5 inch HD screen with Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Android 4.4 KitKat
- 1.2 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 400 processor, Adreno 305 GPU, 1GB RAM
- 8GB/16GB non–expandable storage
- 5MP rear camera with a flash and a VGA front camera
- 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0 and GPS
- Black colour option with customisable back covers
- Rs 12,499/Rs 13,999
The above mentioned devices are also joined by a slew of other mid-rangers such as the Nexus 4, Galaxy S3 (they both have now become priced between Rs 20,000-22,000) and a lot of octa core devices too. The smartphones mentioned above will take care of your needs pretty well without burning a whole in your pocket and that is quite a good thing too.