India’s leading telecom and broadband service provider Tata Teleservices (Maharashtra) (TTML) today announced the availability of two innovative solutions — the Tata Photon+ Business Gateway and the Tata Photon+ Home Gateway that would cater to the SME and home segments respectively.
According to the TTML, The Gateway solution is powered by Cisco‘s impressive and versatile networking solutions, offering converged services in a compact device. Built on the highly successful Tata Photon+ platform enable sharing of high-speed wireless access between multiple users.
SMEs and computer users at their homes can now connect their PCs, laptops and new-generation net books to one common solution, thereby, creating a wireless environment, at the click of a button, literally! Its plug-and-play nature makes the product easy to install and ready to use.
The solution is a bundle of beneficial features — 4 LAN ports, secure WiFi, 2 VoIP ports and a WAN port. The WAN port functionally allows users to connect a wired broadband connection, thereby providing automatic redundancy coupled with the high-speed wireless broadband connection enabled by Tata Photon+, ensuring seamless connectivity at all times!
The solution is enabled with power features like Parental guidance with url and keyword blocking, Inbuilt firewall, Access to the Internet restricted to specific time periods of the day and Remote access control via a secure login to the router to ensure 100 per cent uptime.
Mr. Raja Srinivas, Senior Vice president, Tata Teleservices (Maharashtra) stated “As the pioneer and the leader in the wireless data solutions category, we recognise the importance of convergence of technologies and the need to cater to a ‘multi-computer’ environment. The Tata Photon+ Gateway enables us to cater to the specific needs of the SME and home segments.
Features of the Tata Photon+ Gateway
- Built on the Tata Photon+ platform, and available in two variants — Tata Photon+ Business Gateway and Tata Photon+ Home Gateway.
- Tailor-made solutions for both, SMEs and home users.
Supports multi-PC environment — now connect your PC, laptop, net book, etc.
- Office on the go!
- Secure WiFi.
- Powered by Cisco, the global networking leader.
- LAN, WiFi and WAN support, heralding true convergence.
- Supports wireless VPN, enabling intranet applications and ERP systems.
- Use at home for social networking, blogs, music and video sharing.
- Remote access control via secure login, ensuring 100 per cent uptime!
- Supported by the Tata Indicom network, rated as the only congestion-free network in Maharashtra, by TRAI in 6 consecutive reports.