From top end smartphones to the ones at the bottom of the pyramid, Samsung does it for all. The company had recently disclosed its plan to come out with yet another smartphone for the budget conscious consumers.
Though there was no formal announcement since then, Samsung Galaxy Trend Duos (GT-S7392) smartphone has been found being sold for Rs 8,490 on many e-commerce websites including Snapdeal and Flipkart. This launch is in the face of a neck-to-neck competition that the South Korean company is facing by its counterparts like Micromax, Karbonn et al who are specialists in the segment.
The device was available much earlier in China with a different name. Its specifications and features are as follows:
· Display- 4.0-inch WVGA display with 480×800 pixels resolution
· Operating System- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
· Processor- 1.2 Ghz dual core
· Weight and size-11.1 mm thick and weighs 128.5 grams
· Connectivity- Dual SIM (GSM + GSM) , 3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth v 3.0 and GPS
· Camera- 3MP rear Camera with proximity and ambient light sensors, no front camera
· Memory- 512MB RAM, 4GB internal memory that is expandable up to 32GB with microSD card
· Battery- 1500mAh battery for a standby time of more than 300 hours, talktime of about 15 hours on 2G and about 12 hours on 3G
Our Take: Despite being a low budget phone, it offers decent set of features. More than this, it sends out a clear message to the competitors that Samsung is not going to give it up easily. However, there are some shortcomings which may play a dampener. There is no front facing camera and a miniscule 3.0 MP rear camera. Hence, the 3G SIM running on one of the two slots may not be of much use. Similarly, Samsung could have used a notch younger version of the Operating System.