Samsung today announced the launch its much awaited Samsung Galaxy Grand 2, a 5.25 Inch Phablet that offers an optimal large-screen experience on a portable, compact smartphone in India. The device will hits stores in the first week of January 2014 in India.
Samsung Galaxy Grand 2, is the successor of its one of most popular Galaxy Grand, runs on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean OS powered by a 1.2GHz quad-core processor.
With the Galaxy Grand 2, Samsung takes its Multi Window feature to the next level by maximising the benefits of the device's large screen, enabling users to run one application in two windows at the same time.
Galaxy Grand 2 comes with a more powerful Quad Core 1.2GHz processor and long-lasting 2,600mAh battery to bring users up to 10 hours of playback and 17 hours of calls. The dual-SIM capabilities help users maintain better work-life balance or switch seamlessly between networks.
The Galaxy Grand 2 brings good viewing experience with a 5.25” screen with 16:9 HD ratio, perfect for watching movies, playing games and e-reading. Multi Window takes multitasking to the next level by maximizing the benefits of the device’s large screen, enabling users to run one application in two windows at the same time.
The Grand 2 has an 8 Megapixel rear camera with an LED flash and a 1.9 Megapixel front camera with 3G Video Calling facility.
To provide a more intuitive user experience, the Galaxy Grand 2 comes equipped with several smart features that continue to set the Galaxy series apart from other smartphone devices on the market, including enhanced camera features like Best Face, Best Photo and Continuous Shot, as well as:
• Story Album: Organize pictures by timeline, and create and print albums all from your device
• S Translator: A translation service that provides instantaneous translations at any time
• S Travel: Provides guides and travel information for your next trip
• Sound & Shot: Record up to nine seconds of audio with your photos
• Samsung Hub: Unique content service that provides access to music, videos, games and more
• Group Play: To listen to music , share documents or play games together
• Samsung Link: Connects your devices so you can access photos, music, videos and documents
from multiple locations
Galaxy Grand 2 Product Specifications :
- Network : 2G EDGE, 3G HSPA?
- Processor : Quad Core 1.2GHz
- Display : 5.25 inch HD (1280x720) TFT
- Memory: 1.5GB (RAM) ? 8GB (Internal Memory) ? microSD (up to 64GB)
- Camera: 8MP AF ? LED Flash / 1.9MP (HD)
- OS : Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean)
- Connectivity : WiFi a/b/g/n, BT4.0, GPS ? Glonass, USB 2.0
- Sensor : Proximity, Accelerometer, Compass, Light, Hall Sensor
- Additional Features : ChatON, Samsung Hub, S Health, Group Play, S Travel, S Translator, Samsung Link, Story Album
- Dimension 146.8 x 75.3 x 8.9 mm, 163g
- Battery : 2,600mAh
For now, the Samsung has given a price range, and not announced a exact price to the Galaxy Grand 2, saying it will be available between Rs. 22,900 and Rs. 24,900.