The Motorola Nexus 6, which Google launched yesterday, will be made available in India by December along with 27 other countries, according to a report by Android Central. While the publication has not revealed the list of 28 countries that will get Nexus 6, it’s interesting that India, which is typically left out, is included in the first wave.
Motorola Nexus 6 Specifications
- 5.9-inch AMOLED display, Quad HD (1440 x 2560 pixels) resolution, 493 ppi, and Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Android 5.0 Lollipop operating system
- 2.65GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 805, Adreno 420 GPU, and 3GB of RAM
- 32GB/64GB internal storage but no microSD card slot
- 13MP primary camera, dual LED flash, OIS, and 4K video capture
- 2MP front facing camera with 1080p video recording
- Nano-SIM card slot with 4G LTE (bands 1/3/5/7/8/9/19/20/28/41) connectivity
- Dual-band Wi-Fi b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Direct, Screen Mirroring (Miracast), NFC, and GLONASS A-GPS
- microUSB v2.0 port, SlimPort, USB OTG, and USB Host
- Dual front-facing stereo speakers and IPX7 certification for water-resistance
- 3,220mAh battery with Qi wireless charging support
The pricing of the device has not been disclosed yet, however, it is rumoured that the device will be priced at Rs 44,500. The device is just a blown up Moto X, which comes with a metal frame around its sides. Would you buy the Nexus 6 in spite of its huge screen and a premium price tag, even if you are a Nexus fan?
Apurva is a tech enthusiast who loves her gadgets and talks about digital media usage. She is currently developing news.thedigest.co and works for an IT company.