Indian low cost smartphone maker Micromax has unveiled its new entry level, Android based smartphone in the country. The device dubbed as Bolt A61 is presently available via Micromax’s online retail store for Rs. 4,999 and will be on the shelves of many other retail stores in the country. The information about the phone came from company’s official website as there is no official ceremony to launch the device.
The device is the latest in the league of Bolt series which also has other members like Micromax Bolt A26, Bolt A34, Bolt A35, Bolt A40, Bolt A51 and Bolt A51. Apart from the bolt series, the company has also launched recently two low cost handsets in its Canvas series, namely- Micromax Canvas Juice A77 and Micromax Canvas HD A116i.
The dual SIM device has got almost all the common features that any device of this price range normally has. Here is the list of hardware specifications and features-
- Display- 4-inch TFT display with 480x800 pixels resolution
- Processor-1GHz Spreadtrum SC7710 256MB of RAM
- Memory- 512MB inbuilt storage, expandable up to 16GB with microSD card
- Camera2-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, VGA front-facing camera for self shots and video chats
- Operating System- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
- SIM- Dual-SIM (GSM+GSM)
- Connectivity- Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, Micro-USB, GPRS, EDGE and 3G
- Battery- 1500mAh Li-ion battery to standby up to 160 hours, and to provide up to 3.5 hours of talktime
- Applications- Hike, Opera, Spuul, Game HUB, Kingsoft Office and M! Live etc pre-loaded apps. You can also download and use many other apps from online apps store
There is nothing much in the phone which can be used to position it any different from other phones in the same category. The only key is low price. Hence, sales depend much on marketing and distribution tactics.