It’s August 24 today, and Reliance Jio will kick start the pre-bookings for the JioPhone later today. The company officially said that it will open the pre-bookings at 5:30 PM today. Interested customers can pre-book the device by heading over to Jio.com. As an advance amount, Jio is charging Rs. 500 while pre-booking, and the rest Rs. 1,000 should be paid while picking the device.
All these days, we just heard the specifications in the form of rumours, but today, Jio listed all the specs of the feature phone. Read on to know the complete specs and features of the JioPhone.
Specifications of JioPhone
The official specifications of the JioPhone are not much different from the rumoured ones. The JioPhone flaunts a 2.4-inch QVGA display with a resolution of 320 x 240 pixels. The device runs the KAI OS and comes with a single SIM slot. Yes, the JioPhone, for now, is available in a single SIM variant. It was rumoured that the company will launch a dual SIM variant of the phone later this year.
Internally, the JioPhone is powered by Spreadtrum SC9820A/QC8905 SoC, paired with Mali-400 GPU and 512MB of RAM. The JioPhone has 2000mAh battery and is rated to offer a talk time of 12 hours and standby time of 15 days.
In terms of storage, the JioPhone has 4GB of internal storage, along with a microSD card slot for storage expansion up to 128GB. This feature phone comes with a 2MP rear camera, along with a 0.3MP front-facing camera. The JioPhone supports 22 Indian languages, meaning you can operate the device in various languages.
The supported languages are: Assamese, Bengali, Bodo, Dogri, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Kashmiri, Konkani, Maithili, Malayalam, Manipuri, Marathi, Nepali, Oriya, Punjabi, Sanskrit, Santhali, Sindhi, Tamil, Telugu and Urdu.
As it was announced at the launch event, the JioPhone can easily connect to your TV with the help of JioMediaCable. That said, the JioMediaCable has to be purchased separately.
Another best part with the JioPhone is it comes preloaded with several Jio apps such as MyJio, JioMusic, JioCinema, JioTv, JioXpressNews, and JioChat. Yes, the JioPhone comes preloaded with JioChat to always stay connected with your friends.
Another interesting feature added by Jio in the feature phone is the Jio Assistant. At the launch event, Jio showed a demo of the features of Jio Assistant, which was impressive. With Jio Assistant, you can remotely call some one, message some one, play a music track, access JioCinema app, and browse the web. It’s interesting to see how the Jio Assistant works in real life.
Take a look at the JioPhone complete technical spec-sheet.
- DISPLAY Screen Size: 6.09cm (2.4)
- Screen Resolution: QVGA (320 x 240)
- GENERAL FEATURES Operating System: KAI OS
- SIM Slot: Single SIM
- SIM Size: Nano Sim (4FF type)
- Color: Black
- Box Contents: Handset, Removable Battery, Charger Adaptor,
- Quick Service Guide, Warranty card, SIM CARD
- PERFORMANCE Processor (CPU): 1.2GHz Dual Core
- Chipset: SPRD 9820A/QC8905
- Graphics (GPU): Mali-400 @ 512MHz
- RAM: 512MB
- BATTERY Capacity: 2000 mAh, Li-Po
- Talktime: 12 Hours
- Standby Time: 15 Days
- STORAGE CAPACITY Internal Memory: 4GB
- Expandable: Upto 128GB
- CAMERA Rear Camera: 2MP
- Front Camera: 0.3MP
- Video Recording: Yes
- MULTIMEDIA Music Player: MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, AMR, WB-AMR, MIDI, OGG
- Wireless FM Radio: Yes
- Video Player: 720p, MPEG4, h.263, h.264
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Alert Type: Ringtone + Vibration
- CONNECTIVITY Operating Frequency: BAND3(1800)/BAND5(850) LTE-TDD BAND40(2300)
- 4G: Yes, LTE Cat4
- True 4G (LTE Support): VoLTE (Video & HD Voice Call),
- Wi-Fi: Yes, NFC: Yes, Bluetooth: BT 4.1 with BLE, GPS: Yes, USB Connectivity: USB 2.0
- EMAIL SUPPORT Microsoft Exchange: Yes
- INDIAN LANGUAGE PACK SUPPORT: 22 Indian official languages
Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Kashmiri, Konkani, Maithili, Malayalam, Manipuri,
Marathi, Nepali, Oriya, Punjabi, Sanskrit, Santhali, Sindhi, Tamil, Telugu and Urdu
- JIO APPS: MyJio, JioTV, JioCinema, JioChat, JioMusic, JioXpressNews
- VOICE ASSISTANT: Voice enabled search (English, Hindi) Compose SMS, Search on Google. Open app, call connect
- CONNECT TO TV: Yes. Via JioMediaCable
- OTHER FEATURES: Torch, Connect Import via Gmail
Chakri is a go-to guy for your next smartphone recommendation. Back in his engineering days, he used to play with smartphones by installing custom ROMs and that passion got him into the tech industry. He still goes nuts about a smartphone knocking his door for review. Currently managing everything at Telecom Talk, Chakri is trying to master PUBG Mobile in his free time.