DD free dish the only free DTH service with no monthly charge will soon be migrating its services from existing Insat-4B to newly launched Gsat-15 satellite. As most of you know Gsat 15 was launched slightly before Christmas last year and was aimed at replacing Isat-4B and Insat-3A at 93° East. The satellite which has 24 Ku band transponders of 36 Mhz each will help DD increase its free channel offering especially on MPEG-4 platform which it has plans of encrypting but maintaining the free to air model.
We request all DD Free Dish viewers to follow the below given steps to rescan or retune your set-top Box after 1st February 2016 to continue enjoying the service.
Here are some steps for retune or rescan your set-top box (Installation menu may different according to set-top box manufacturers).
- Press “Menu” Button on Remote of Set Top Box.
- Select “Installation”.
- Go to “Manual Search”.
- Select Satellite Name (Select /Edit)
- Select / Change TP.
- Enter Frequency ( one by one) to 11090 / 11170 / 11470 / 11510 / 11550 MHz.
- Edit/Change Symbol Rate to 29500 Ksps and Polarization to “Vertical”
- SAVE / OK the setting and SCAN the SET TOP Box.
- Press “EXIT” Button on Remote.
You can also use Auto Scan / Blind scan feature in your set-top box to re-tune your set-top box automatically, no need to fill frequencies manually.
For further queries, viewers can contact Toll Free Helpline No: 1800 11 0510 (8.00 A.M. to 10.00 P.M.)
Inputs : freedish.in