Xiaomi conducted its first global event in India today, and launched the Xiaomi Mi 4i in India at a price of Rs. 12,999. The Mi 4i is 12 percent thinner and 13 percent lighter than the Xiaomi Mi 4. The Xiaomi Mi 4i is a dual-SIM smartphone, and comes with a polycarbonate unibody, a 5-inch full-HD display, Android 5.0 Lollipop-based MIUI 6, octa-core Snapdragon 615 processor, 2GB RAM, 16GB internal storage, and a 3,120 mAh battery. It features a 13-megapixel primary camera with dual-tone dual-LED flash, 1080p video recording, and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera. MIUI 6 on the Mi 4i supports six Indian languages including Hindi, Bengali, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada and Malayalam.
Its primary SIM card slot supports 4G LTE networks, while the secondary SIM car slot supports 2G and 3G networks. This means that it will be the second dual-SIM device from all the Xiaomi mobiles to have 4G LTE connectivity after the Redmi 2. Xiaomi has added Visual IVR to the device, which essentially allows you manage IVR menus without having to listen to them. The Its just 7.8mm thin and tips the scales at 130 grams. According to Xiaomi, the 3,120 mAh battery on the device features Quick Charge functionality, and can last for 1.5 days on a single charge.
Xiaomi Mi 4i Specifications
- 5-inch IPS LCD display, 1920 x 1080 pixels, 441 ppi, OGS (One Glass Solution)
- Android 5.0 Lollipop-based MIUI 6 with support for 6 Indian languages
- 64-bit Snapdragon 615 processor, 1.7GHz quad-core Cortex A53 CPU + 1.1GHz quad-core Cortex A53 CPU, Adreno 405 GPU, and 2GB RAM
- 16GB internal storage, no microSD card slot
- 13-megapixel rear camera, dual-tone dual-LED flash, five-element lens, f/2.0 aperture, 1080p video recording
- 5-megapixel secondary camera
- Dual-SIM (4G + 3G/2G), Wi-Fi 802.11 ac/a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, Micro-USB port, and 3.5 mm headphone jack
- 3,120 mAh battery
The device will be sold globally, and will be available in black, white, yellow, pink and blue colours. Xiaomi Mi 4i will go on sale on April 30 in India, and the registrations for the first flash sale will commence from 8:00 PM today. On the sidelines of the Mi 4i launch, it also launched the Mi Band in India for Rs. 999, which has a battery life of 30 days. The Xiaomi Mi Band will be available through Mi.com, the company’s own e-commerce portal.