Pushing out regular updates play a major role in creating a loyal fan base when it comes to smartphones. Sony has been rolling out regular updates for its mid-range devices for a while now, and the latest update to roll out from the Japanese smartphone brand is for the Sony Xperia T3 phablet.
The Android 4.4.4 KitKat update will bear a build number 18.1.A.2.25 for the LTE models (D5103 and D5106). However, the update which will be rolled out in India will bear a build number 18.1.A.2.32, targeted for the more conventional and widely sold 3G HSPA+ model (D5102). The phablet was launched back in July in India at a price of Rs 27,990 but the passage of time and not-so-great sales of the device have resulted in Sony bringing its price down to Rs 19,390 and it is available for as low as Rs 17,500 across some of the e-commerce stores. The main talking point of the device in addition to the mid-range specs is the fact that it has a stainless steel frame and the build quality is on the better side of things for a mid-ranger.
Sony Xperia T3 Specifications
- 5.3-inch TRILUMINOS Display, 1280 x 720 pixels resolution
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat (after the update)
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 400, 1.4 GHz quad-core processor, Adreno 305 GPU, and 1GB RAM
- 8GB of internal memory and a microSD card slot (compatible with cards up to 32GB)
- 8-megapixel primary camera, EXMOR R camera sensor, LED flash, 1080p video recording, and a 1.1-megapixel front camera
- 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS with GLONASS, NFC, microUSB v2.0 port, and 3.5mm headphone jack
- 2,500 mAh battery
- White, Black and Purple colour options
- Price: Rs 19,390
As per Sony, the Xperia T3 was the world's slimmest smartphone with a 5.3-inch display, at a thickness of just 7mm. It tips the scales at 148 grams and looks like a pretty worthy mid-ranger. Via