Samsung’s flagship Galaxy S5 which was showcased at the MWC 2014 has quietly gone on sale in India via an online retailer, Saholic.com for Rs 45,500. The website is claiming to deliver the smartphone this week itself so official launch wouldn’t be far enough. The smartphone will be locking horns with the LG G2 LTE which has just been launched for Rs 46,000. Let us have a look at its specifications:
- It has a 5.1 inch Super AMOLED display with a full HD resolution and Gorilla Glass 3 on top for added protection
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat with TouchWiz UI
- 2.5 GHz quad core Snapdragon 801 processor which is the best one on sale currently
- 16MP rear camera with BSI and LED flash, 2.1MP front camera
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB and 32GB of internal storage capacity which can be expanded by another 64GB. Only the 16GB version has gone on sale.
- IP67 certification which makes it water and dust resistant
- Heart rate sensor coupled with S Health 3.0
- Infrared LED to make it compatible with smart TV remote
- 4G LTE, 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth v4.0,GPS, USB 3.0 and NFC
- 2800 mAhbattery unit
- Charcoal Black, Shimmery White, Electric Blue and Copper Gold. However only the black colour has gone on sale currently.
It was expected to go on sale in April but has become available earlier. Do drop in to let us know if you think it is worth the price. We suggest you wait a bit for the official statement