Over the course of last six months, OnePlus has been pushing software updates quite regularly to its flagship phones - OnePlus 3 and 3T. Except the fact that the company did not release the Android Nougat update to OnePlus 2 and OnePlus X, everything seems to be on the road for the Chinese vendor.
The company today announced a new OxygenOS Open Beta 6 update for the OnePlus 3T and Open Beta 15 for the OnePlus 3 adding several new features to the OS. Unlike the previous Open Beta 5 update which focussed on removing bugs, this Open Beta 6 added various new features and refreshed UI.
With the update, the company’s focus is shifting towards refreshing its entire UI. One of the significant changes in the Open Beta 6 will be the revamped Dialer app, which now also supports gestures for incoming calls. There are two new gestures built into the dialer app: users can now swipe down to accept a call and swipe up to reject a call.
Also, various system apps such as Messaging, Settings, and Dialer app itself have been completely revamped with new user interface. The Settings app has the company’s collapsible action bar, which will be added to other OnePlus apps as well in future OS updates.
Here’s the complete changelog of the OxygenOS Open Beta 6
• New dialer and incoming call interface
• We created a new answering mechanic to go along with the refreshed UI below: Swipe down to answer and swipe up to reject an incoming call
• UI optimizations for Messages, Settings, and Contacts
• Refreshed UI
• New action bar for Messages and Settings
• Collapsible and expandable action bar (more to come in the future)
• Optimized high power usage notifications
• Optimized the system which notifies you when apps are using a lot of battery
• Bluetooth optimizations
• Night mode optimizations
• Bug fixes
Besides the new user interface, OnePlus is also adding new ‘Bluetooth Optimizations,’ which brings support for aptX codec for high-quality audio via Bluetooth devices. Also, the company states that they have optimized the night mode and also fixed the duplicate contacts bug.
Considering its a beta update, it won’t be available for every OnePlus user. Users who are part of the Open Beta program will start receiving the update starting today.