According to @LeaksterInc, Micromax is readying a 4G LTE compliant smartphone codenamed as ‘Phoenix’. It will be powered by an Nvidia Tegra 4i SoC which was announced way back in mid February along with Nvidia Tegra K1. This information was leaked along with the image of the device.
The device is said to closely resemble Wiko Wax which is targeted towards the European market. There are a lot of chances that the specifications of the upcoming 4G LTE smartphone from Micromax will share its specifications with the Wiko Wax. The Nvidia Tegra 4i is a modified version of Tegra 3 with slightly power efficient CPU cores and Icera i500 4G LTE modem.
Micromax Phoenix Specifications (Expected)
- 4.7 inch screen, 720p HD resolution
- 1.7 GHz quad-core Nvidia Tegra 4i SoC (4 + 1 CPU cores), 60 core GeForce ULP GPU
- 1 GB LP-DDR3 RAM, 4 GB internal storage, microSD card slot
- 8 MP rear-facing primary camera, AF, 1080p full HD video recording
- 5 MP front-facing secondary camera
- Icera i500 Cat 4 LTE, 100 Mbps download, 50 Mbps upload
- 2000 mAh battery
Right now, there are only 4 smartphones which are compatible with 4G LTE networks in India. These devices are, iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, Xolo LT900 and LG G2 4G LTE. Would you be interested in buying a 4G LTE smartphone from Micromax?