Micromax has launched a new 4G LTE compliant smartphone in India exclusively through Flipkart. The Micromax Canvas Xpress 4G is the company’s 13th smartphone under the Micromax brand that comes with LTE connectivity. The company claims that it has taken up the task to boost 4G adoption in the country by launching a full range of smartphones that support 4G LTE services.
Micromax Canvas Xpress 4G Specifications
- Android 5.1 Lollipop operating system
- 5-inch IPS LCD display, 720 x 1,280 pixels, 294 ppi and Gorilla Glass 3
- 8-megapixel primary camera (OmniVision Sensor), autofocus, LED flash, and 1080p video recording
- 2-megapixel secondary camera, fixed-focus, and 720p video recording
- MediaTek MT6735P, 1GHz quad-core CPU, Mali-T720 GPU, and 2GB RAM
- 16GB internal storage and microSD card slot
- 4G LTE, Dual-SIM, Wi-Fi b/g/n, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Bluetooth, GPS, microUSB v2.0 port, and 3.5mm headphone jack
- 2,000 mAh battery
The Canvas Xpress 4G features a 5-inch IPS LCD display that has a resolution of 720 x 1,280 pixels, an 8-megapixel primary camera with autofocus and LED flash, and a 2-megapixel secondary camera. There’s a quad-core processor from MediaTek doing the regular chops in the device along with 2GB RAM, 16GB internal storage, and a microSD card slot.
We at Micromax are committed to lead the 4G revolution by providing new user experiences and latest technologies at the most attractive price to specification ratio. Our partnership with Flipkart to launch Xpress series of smartphones has been the most successful one. And with the launch of Xpress 4G on Flipkart, we are adding yet another gem to our Xpress series in line with our vision to making 4G accessible to the masses. With the launch of the Canvas Xpress 4G, Micromax has ensured that great specifications with LTE capability is available to everybody at a disruptive price thereby spurring the 4G adoption in the country. The launch reinforces our commitment to leapfrog the consumers’ journey from 2G to 4G and break the organic trend of moving from 2G to 3G and then 3G to 4G.
– Mr. Vineet Taneja, CEO, Micromax Informatics
It’s a feature-packed smartphone in its price range and comes with dual-SIM card slot, 4G LTE connectivity, and a 2,000 mAh battery. The company had earlier partnered with Flipkart to launch ‘Xpress’ lineup of smartphones exclusively through the e-retail giant’s website. Micromax is also offering 4G double data through Airtel for six months across its range of 4G smartphones.