Having milked the Indian mid range smartphone segment in the past, Indian mobile handset vendor Karbonn is once again looking to do so with its new mid-range smartphone called the Titanium S5+. The device is yet to be seen with an official launch but you can still check this out on many online retail platforms like Snapdeal and Saholic. The price of Titanium S5+ has been kept at Rs. 10,636 on these portals against its marked price of Rs 12,990. The veteran Titanium S will make place for the upcoming device.
Here are the key specifications and features of the new phone-
- Display– 5-inch IPS display with a 540×960 pixels resolution and One-Cell display
- Processor-1.3GHz quad-core processor with unknown chipset
- Memory-1GB of RAM, 4GB inbuilt storage, expandable up to 32GB via microSD card
- Camera– 8-megapixel rear autofocus camera with LED flash, 0.3 MP VGA front-facing camera for self shots and video chats
- SIM– Dual-SIM (GSM+GSM)
- Connectivity– Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS/ AGPS, and 3G options to stay tuned to the virtual world
- Operating System– Android 4.2 Jelly Bean OS
- Battery– 1800mAh Li ion
This is the first smartphone range by Karbonn Mobiles (the S range)which boasts of a 5 inch screen. It comes in Pearl White and Deep Blue colors. The device offers quad core processor in a price band where we mostly see a dual core processor. This makes the device a good value for money for the buyers and a difficult nut for the competitors in the low cost segment.
The launch comes despite the fact that merely a month back, Karbonn Mobiles had rolled out its Titanium S7 with a 5-inch 1080p display. So, this show how bullish is Karbonn about the mid-range segment as well as its own range. Let’s see how this bet fares for the company.