Oppo has unveiled a pocket-friendly smartphone, known as Oppo Joy Plus. It is a successor to Oppo Joy, which was launched last year in India. The device is available in Blue and White colors, for a price of Rs. 6,990.
The Joy Plus features 4-inch WVGA IPS ultra-sensitive display with 800 x 480 pixels resolution and glove mode. It is powered by a 1.3GHz dual core processor paired with 1GB of RAM and runs Android 4.4 KitKat with Oppo’s in-house Color OS 2.0 on top. There is a 3-megapixel rear camera on-board with LED flash and aVGA front camera. In terms of connectivity, it supports Dual SIM, 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and GPS. It has 4GB of internal storage, which can be further expanded up to 32GB via microSD card.
Commenting on the launch, Tom Lu, CEO, Oppo Mobile India said,”Our aim at Oppo India is to provide our customers with ground-breaking technology at affordable prices. The Smartphone market in India is constantly evolving and we intend to reach across sections through our budget Smartphone, Joy Plus. We are looking at aggressive market penetration this year and we are confident that Joy Plus, packed with latest features will provide our customers more personal and reliable mobile experience,” he said.
Oppo Joy Plus specifications
- 4-inch WVGA display with 800 ×480 pixels resolution
- 1.3 GHz dual-core MediaTek MT6572 processor with 1GB RAM
- 4GB of internal storage, expandable up to 32GB
- Android 4.4 KitKat with ColorOS 2.0 on top
- 3MP rear camera and VGA front-facing camera
- Dual SIM, 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and GPS
- Measures 124×63 x 9.9mm and weighs 125g
- 1,700 mAh battery