Leaked images of the Gionee S6 had been making rounds online for a while, and today the company made it official in China. The smartphone has been priced at 1,699 Yuan (approximately Rs 17,500/US$ 266.58). The specifications of the S6 look pretty similar to the S+, which debuted in India last month.
The Gionee S6 is a part of company’s S line-up of smartphones, treading the same path as other S series phones with sleek design, such as the S5.5. It weighs 147 grams, and measures 151.9mm x 74.6mm x 4-6.9mm, which is slightly thicker than the S5.5. This one packs in better specifications and features than the S5.5.
It comes with a 5.5-inch 720p AMOLED display, and is powered by a 1.3GHz MediaTek octa-core MT6753 processor paired with 3GB of RAM. It has 32GB internal storage, which is further expandable up to 128GB via microSD card. The phone runs Android 5.1 Lollipop with Gionee’s in-house Amigo 3.1 OS on top. In the imaging department, the phone sports 13-megapixel primary camera with LED Flash, along with a 5-megapixel front-facing camera. It supports connectivity options such as 4G LTE, 3G, Wi-Fi, Hybrid dual-SIM, Bluetooth 4.0, USB Type-C 2.0 Port, GPS/AGPS. A 3,150mAh battery backs it, and the device will be available in Gold and Platinum color variants.
There is no information regarding the Gionee S6's launch timeline in India. Stay tuned with us to know about the latest developments.
Gionee Elife S6 Specifications
- 5.5-inch 720p AMOLED display
- 1.3GHz MediaTek octa-core MT6753 processor paired with 3GB of RAM
- Android 5.1 Lollipop with Gionee’s in-house Amigo 3.1 OS on top
- 32GB internal storage expandable up to 128GB via microSD card
- 13MP primary camera with LED Flash, and a 5MP front-facing camera
- 4G LTE, 3G, Wi-Fi, Hybrid dual-SIM, Bluetooth 4.0, USB Type-C 2.0 Port, GPS/AGPS
- 3,150mAh battery