ASUS’s Zenfone line-up of smartphones is constantly expanding, and India has become one of the most important markets for the company. As if all those smartphones that were launched during the ZenFestival, which happened last week, weren’t enough, the Taiwanese smartphone manufacturer has quietly listed a new Zenfone on its website, the ASUS Zenfone Go. It is not the company’s first entry-level smartphone, but interestingly enough, it is the first device Zenfone to use a MediaTek chipset.
The rumours about the ASUS ZenFone Go have been doing rounds for a while now, but there had been no official confirmation from the company. However, Flipkart has now listed the smartphone on its website, adding more credibility to the fact that the device exists, and is coming soon. However, there is still no official information from ASUS about its pricing or availability.
The ASUS Zenfone Go features a 5-inch HD IPS LCD display, Android 5.1 Lollipop-based ZenUI, an 8-megapixel primary camera, and a 2-megapixel secondary camera. It is powered by the MediaTek MT6580 chipset, which combines a 1.3GHz quad-core CPU and a Mali-400MP2 GPU, taking care of the performance department. The device will be available in two storage variants, 8GB and 16GB, along with a microSD card slot for storage expansion by upto an additional 64GB. This dual-SIM smartphone lacks 4G LTE as well as NFC.
ASUS ZenFone Go Specifications
- 5-inch display, 1280 x 720 pixels, 294 ppi
- Android 5.1 Lollipop-based ZenUI 2.0
- MediaTek MT6580 chipset, 1.3 GHz quad-core CPU, Mali 400 MP2 GPU, and 2GB LP-DDR3 RAM
- 8GB/16GB internal storage, expandable via microSD card (up to 64GB)
- 8-megapixel primary camera, LED flash, f/2.0 aperture, and 2-megapixel secondary camera
- Dual-SIM with dual-standby, 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Bluetooth v4.0, A-GPS, and microUSB v2.0 port
- 2,070 mAh battery; 71 × 144.5 × 9.98 mm; 135 grams
It will be available in three colours, black, white, and red. It is expected it to be priced in the Rs. 6,000-7,000 price range when it goes on sale in the next few weeks. At this price, the YU Yuphoria and the Xiaomi Redmi 2 Prime are still better choices. All of them feature two SIM card slots, Snapdragon processing chipsets, and 4G LTE connectivity.