Gionee GPad G5 has been officially announced today with a mid-range price tag of Rs 14,999. This phablet has a 5.5-inch HD IPS LCD screen protected using a DragonTrail glass, a 1.5GHz hexa-core MediaTek MT6591 processor, 1GB of RAM and 8GB of internal storage space which can be further expanded using a microSD card slot. It runs Android 4.4 KitKat and has an 8MP autofocus camera on the back along with an LED flash while the front-facing camera has a resolution of 2MP.
Mr Arvind Vohra, India Head, Gionee Smartphones said, ”I am delighted to present our consumers with our latest product, the Gionee GPAD G5. Our basic thought behind introducing this product was to give our consumers a superior product that can be handled with ease. There is a huge demand for premium features at affordable prices. Keeping consumer preferences in mind we have introduced the device which is high on features and easy on the pocket and we are excited to get it to the market.”
Gionee GPad G5 Specifications
- 5.5” HD IPS LCD Display, 1280 x 720
- Android 4.4 KitKat
- 1.5GHz hexa-core MediaTek MT6591 processor, 1GB of RAM
- 8GB of internal storage and a microSD card slot (up to 32GB)
- 8MP autofocus camera with LED flash, 2MP secondary camera
- Wi-Fi b/g/n, Bluetooth v4.0, FM Radio, A-GPS, microUSB v2.0 port and 3.5 mm earphone jack
- Accelerometer, Gyrosensor, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor and compass
- 2400mAh battery, 157.3 x 77.6 x 7.9mm
Price wise, we don't feel that Gionee is offering any advantage to the user over its competitors. In the similar price range, you can easily get Android smartphones with octa-core processors and full HD 1080p displays. You can get similar or better products at a lower price than that of Gionee GPad G5 such as Asus Zenfone 5, Xiaomi Redmi 1S and Karbonn Titanium Octane Plus but Gionee has a better reach in conventional brick and mortar retail stores which can result in better sales in comparison.