From Incurring Heavy Losses to Profitable: Here’s Everything BSNL has Done in the Past Three Years

Back in 2013, we wrote an article on BSNL’s woes in the country of not generating any profits for four straight years. But since then, a lot has changed as the company posted their first gains in more than five years at the start of 2016 of Rs. 672 crores and the company is yet to release their 2016 revenue reports. Nevertheless, we are expecting that the firm would have done much better than the previous years.

bsnl

BSNL has been doing everything right from the last three years to stay in contention with the rivals by offering excellent customer support, competitive tariff plans, and good marketing to showcase their offerings. If we go back to a little five years ago, BSNL is a well-known company to everyone in the country, but none of them knew their offerings.

But, things have changed now. The company is all over the internet with attractive plans along with proper marketing. Another best part with BSNL over these three years is the vast improvement in customer support. Yes, the company now has much better customer support than they used to have some years ago.

In this post, we will take a drill down on how BSNL has turned the cards in the last three years to attract customers and to get profits.

1) Marketing Has Been Improved a Lot
There was a time when customers used to struggle a lot to know the BSNL offerings. Although the company is offering much better plans than the private telecos .

2) Much Better Customer Support
The customer support is one more aspect which BSNL has solved in recent times. Yes, four years ago, getting a call connected to the customer care executive was a nightmare, but thankfully, all those issues are now solved and consumers are at least getting the queries answered.

3) Tariff Plans to the Rescue
When Reliance Jio entered Indian telecom market, BSNL was the only operator who was ready to tackle the new entrant and their free 4G services. The company even introduced the first free unlimited calling offer, which is priced less than that of Jio’s and later on, every other telecom network followed suit.

Not only after the Jio’s entry, but BSNL also used to offer innovative tariff plans with better validity period than private telecom operators. And that certainly changed the game for the state-run operator.

4) Improved Data and Reliable Broadband Speeds
In the past, BSNL never delivered what they promised, but that certainly changed from the year 2015. Yes, we are now getting reliable data and broadband speeds as promised by the company. Consumers in some areas are facing several issues such as poor network connection, slow data speeds, etc., but in more of the areas, BSNL is doing a decent job.

All said and done, BSNL is doing pretty well and is improving day-by-day. In the meantime, there were several broken promises from the company. The company has been promising 4G network roll out from the last two years, but they never did so, and the consumers lost the hope as well.

Recently, Anupam Shrivastava, the CMD at BSNL quoted that the 4G rollout will begin from April 2017 and we are expecting the company to deliver at least this time.

What do you think of BSNL’s offerings? Are you satisfied with the operator’s offerings? Let us know in the comments section below.

Reported By

Leave a Reply

128 Comments on "From Incurring Heavy Losses to Profitable: Here’s Everything BSNL has Done in the Past Three Years"

 

Sort by:   newest | oldest
SC(KPA)
August 28, 2017 10:23 pm 10:23 PM
BSNL is bringing attractive plans but their service is very poor. In our city, where avoid group has 5/6 towers, jio has 13 towers; BSNL has only two towers which serves only GPRS. Till today NO 3G. and in some highly profitable locations, BSNL has no coverage. In south India, BSNL is very good. But in West Bengal BSNL is worst one. Due to their improper service, we can’t take the benefit of them. I personally wrote upto DGM level of kolkata telephones mobile department but nothing improved. Even in every month at least 7-10 days towers stops working. If… Read more »
Raajdeep
July 30, 2017 4:21 pm 4:21 PM

living in kolkata for the past 2 months and opted for bsnl for cheap data and wow there new pack which gives 3 db data a day is v ery good its raining here heavily but network didnt go down and the speed is satisfactory considering its 3g i hope it continues like this

Manish
June 1, 2017 9:44 am 9:44 AM

If private can handle 90% of india then they can also handle remaining 10%. So govt should shut down worst useless BSnL and go home.

R.sundaram
June 8, 2017 6:27 am 6:27 AM

Dear sir, please do not forget, only that 10% you have mentioned is keeping the 90% under check.

S Gopal
June 22, 2017 6:41 pm 6:41 PM

+1

wpDiscuz