Xolo has officially announced the latest smartphone in its Q series, the Xolo Q1020. Unlike any of the competing devices in its price range, the Xolo Q1020 features a unique design with a wooden frame around its body. The device flaunts a 5-inch HD IPS LCD covered by Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection, 1.3GHz quad-core MediaTek 6582 processor, 1GB RAM, and 8GB of internal storage.
It is equipped with a 13-megapixel primary camera (Sony Exmor RS Sensor) with auto-focus, LED flash, and 1080p video recording. The 2-megapixel secondary front-facing camera can be used for casual selfies and video calls. The device runs on Android 4.4 (KitKat), supports dual-SIM, and is powered by a 2,100 mAh battery.
It also features lockscreen gesture and HotKnot file transfer technology. The device supports all the standard connectivity features like 3G HSPA, Bluetooth v4.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, microUSB v2.0 port, and GLONASS A-GPS. The Xolo Q1020, which is priced at Rs. 11,499, comes in black and white colours.
Xolo Q1020 Specifications
- 5-inch IPS LCD display, HD (1280 x 720 pixels) resolution, 294 ppi
- Android 4.4 (Kitkat) operating system
- 1.3GHz quad-core MediaTek 6582 processor and 1GB of RAM
- 8GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 32GB
- 13MP auto focus rear camera with LED Flash, 1080p Full HD video recording
- 2MP front-facing camera
- Dual-SIM (with dual standby), 3G HSPA+
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, A-GPS, FM Radio, and 3.5mm audio jack
- 2,100 mAh battery
Earlier, the idea of a wooden material was popularised by Motorola Moto X, and then it was embraced by OnePlus for the One and by Xiaomi for the Mi 4. However, neither OnePlus nor Xiaomi have released actual devices with wooden material. Some of the popular devices in the price range include Motorola Moto G (2nd Gen.), Asus Zenfone 5 A501CG (16GB), BlackBerry Z3, HTC Desire 616, and Micromax Canvas Knight A350.