Xiaomi has come up with yet another Mi Band, dubbed as Xiaomi Mi Band 2. It is company's latest fitness tracker. The Mi Band 2 features a 0.42-inch OLED display, which is a major change from its predecessors, the Mi Band, and Mi Band Pulse.
The OLED screen on the Mi Band 2 displays time, steps and also heart rate whenever the user taps on a button below the screen. Also, users can also set the wearable to show fitness stats whenever it is lifted. With the Mi Band 2, Xiaomi claims that it has enhanced pedometer algorithm for accurate heart rate tracking and collection of fitness and sleep data.
It is also equipped with IP67 ratings for water resistance, just like the previous Mi Bands. This time around, the Mi Band features a new wristband design that is made up of skin-friendly material and does not slip easily. The wearable will be up for sale at 149 yuan ($22 / Rs. 1520 approx.) in Black color with various color options in wristbands such as Black, Blue, Green, Orange, and much more. The device will initially go on sale in China, from June 7 through Mi.com. Xiaomi has not revealed the global availability details yet.
Xiaomi Mi Band 2 specifications
- 0.42-inch OLED display equipped with scratch-resistant glass, anti-fingerprint coating
- Displays time, steps taken, and heart rate
- Integrated with Photoplethysmography (PPG) / Heart rate sensor
- Monitors fitness and tracks sleep; Weighs 7 grams
- Water resistance (IP67 ratings)
- Bluetooth 4.0 LE and
- 70mAh of Li-po battery offering up to 20 days of standby