After Prime Minister Narendra Modi intervened in call drop issue, Department of Telecommunications (DoT) has begun to proceed things faster. The DoT has asked the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) to assess the infrastructure capacity of the telecom operators for delivering proper service to people.Such an assessment will help the consumers to understand the capability of the telecom operators and choose operators wisely, according to a government source. RS Sharma, Chairman, TRAI has been asked to draft rules that make it mandatory for the telecom operators to reveal such information (of infrastructural capability) to people.There are also reports that PM Narendra Modi has personally informed Rakesh Garg, Telecom Secretary that the issue of call drop would make people ‘curse’ the government and will also affect data services in the upcoming days.Also read: Call drop: Ministry asks States to permit mobile towers on government buildings, doubts if telecom operators deliberately cause call dropsDepartment of Telecom has already issued warnings to telecom operators to levy penalty for fault in service. TRAI found in its recently held special audit in Delhi and Mumbai that the operators do not comply with the prescribed call drop limit.
Call drop: TRAI to assess the infrastructure capability of telecom operators
Have a breaking news, inside story, scoop?
Write to us, your anonymity is our priority at news [at] telecomtalk.info
Want to be featured on TelecomTalk?
Send us your articles, stories, suggestions, feedback at news [at] telecomtalk.info
Pan India Spectrum Details
Telecommunication Frequency Bands
DTH Satellites in India
You can use it for purchase of groceries/soaps/surf from Jio mart.
Yeah. From yesterday they are doing this. On 28th, It got credited within hours
Mahmood Junaid :
Then how will ARPU increase.. 80% of Indians will consume less and stay on 598 plan… Even now 699 plan…
I think jio is playing smart game for 20% cashback offer. I recharged my 2 sims on my jio app,…
Kaushik Roy :
Vi revised sms staring plan to 128 showing under plan voucher in website airtel already revised it to 129 so…
- Airtel Hikes Prepaid Tariffs, Base Plan at Rs 99, Check Details Here 166
- Vodafone Idea Just Refarmed 3G Spectrum to 4G In Multiple Cities 165
- Reliance Jio Announces Prepaid Tariff Hike After Airtel, Vi 146
- Vodafone Idea Increases Prepaid Tariffs, Similar as Airtel Plans 122
- Vodafone Idea Discontinues Double Data Offer from Prepaid Plans 45
- Moto G31 With 5000mAh Battery and 50MP Triple Camera Launched in India
- Airtel, Jio to Benefit a Lot Out of Tariff Hikes
- MediaTek Dimensity 9000 Will Be First to Use Cortex-X2 Core in a Smartphone
- Reliance Jio Announces Prepaid Tariff Hike After Airtel, Vi
- Bharti Airtel Prepaid Plans Under Rs 300 After Tariff Hikes