Xiaomi had showcased its value-for-money yet powerful tablet, the MiPad, in India last year, but its launch was delayed to focus on devices which were already launch. Xiaomi has now launched the MiPad in India for Rs. 12,999, and at that price, it is expected to get quite a lot of takers. The Xiaomi MiPad will go on sale on Flipkart starting March 24 without a need to pre-register to buy the device.
The Xiaomi MiPad comes with a 7.9-inch display like its main rival, the iPad Mini lineup. It is powered by a 2.2 GHz quad-core NVIDIA Tegra K1 processor, a powerful 192-core Kepler GPU, and 2GB of RAM. There's an 8MP camera at the rear and a 5MP on the front. Only the 16GB variant in white colour will be available for the time being. There's no word on availability of more colours or its 64GB variant as of now.
Xiaomi MiPad Specifications
- 7.9-inch IPS LCD display, 2048 × 1536 pixels resolution, 326 ppi, Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Android 4.4 KitKat based MIUI 6
- NVIDIA Tegra K1 processor, 2.2 GHz quad-core Cortex-A15 CPU, 192-core Kepler GPU, and 2GB RAM
- 16GB internal storage, microSD card slot (up to 128GB)
- 8-megapixel rear camera with a Sony BSI sensor and a 5-megapixel front camera
- Dual-band Wi-Fi ac/b/g/n (2x2 MIMO), Bluetooth v4.0, microUSB v2.0 with USB OTG, and 3.5 mm headphone jack
- 6,700 mAh non-removable battery
Since the device will be available without registrations, it is expected to go out of stock pretty fast. So do remember to check back on Flipkart on the March 24.