Xiaomi has come to India with all the guns in its arsenal and is leaving no stone unturned to capture the lion's share of each of the segments which it is venturing into. It has launched the Mi3 for Rs 13,999, Redmi Note for Rs 9,999 and Redmi 1S for Rs 6,999 and all the three smartphones are going to give every smartphone manufacturer in the country nightmares for times to come.
If all this wasn't enough, it is even planning to bring the MiPad tablet to the market in future which is going to raise the bar in tablet arena by such a high amount, that the already overpriced iPad Mini 2 will seem all the more overpriced and even the Nexus 7 might seem overpriced in future too. It was showcased at the launch event alongside the 3 smartphones.
Xiaomi MiPad Specifications
- 7.9 inch with a resolution of 2048 × 1536 pixels which translates into 326 ppi and gets Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection on top of it
- 2.2 GHz NVIDIA Tegra K1 processor
- 192-core Kepler GPU
- Android 4.4 KitKat based MIUI ROM
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB and 64GB of internal storage capacities which can be expanded by another 128GB with a microSD card slot
- 8MP rear camera with a Sony BSI stacked sensor and an aperture size of f/2.0. The front camera is a 5MP unit with the same aperture size as the rear camera.
- No SIM card slot, WiFi 802.11/b/g/n/ac Dual Band (2X2 MIMO), Bluetooth 4.0, microUSB v2.0 and USB OTG
- 6700 mAh battery
- 360 grams
- Yellow, White, Blue, Green and pink colour options
- Expected pricing: Rs 14,999/Rs 16,999
We believe the announcement for the pricing and availability will come soon and Xiaomi will surely have its cash registers ringing then. Just for reference, the 16GB Nexus 7(2013) costs Rs 20,999 and 16GB iPad Mini with Retina display costs Rs 28,900.